joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2016 General Discussion

Hoosier

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely amazing. How did you do this?

Thanks guys.  Shot 20 second exposures roughly twice per minute from just after sundown until shortly before sunrise.  After getting the focus optimized I configured the settings on the camera (20 sec @ F/2.8- 3200 ISO @ 24mm), and just started the camera's interval timer and it took care of itself.  

You've got some tough skin bo! I couldn't imagine dealing with that in summer, when you're dying for warmth. But man oh man are you're winters badass!

Nothing beats sitting around a campfire when you actually need it.

You've got some tough skin bo! I couldn't imagine dealing with that in summer, when you're dying for warmth. But man oh man are you're winters badass!

haha, Idk...

The cool doesn't bother me as much as the persistent fog and rain has.  As of today, just over 6" in the past 13 days.

I've done a small garden on my deck... it's 5' off the ground, free of vermin and such and honestly the only way to grow food where I'm at.  The first few weeks, I had to bring everything inside at night to avoid the cold.  Could really use some warm and sunny days.

Maybe towards the end of the week.

post-41-0-39395300-1465147061_thumb.jpg

Corn already knee high around here. Should be a major factor in evapotranspiration going forward.

Looks like at least 4-5 days in a row of 90+ starting up Fri or Sat. Maybe some mid 90s as well later in that stretch.

Same. Corn always goes hand in hand with the humidity come late June. Seems we are finally going to put together a heat wave, something that's been a rare occurrence since 2012.

Detroit's been on a decent streak of 80*+ highs and sunshine.

Haven't seen a sub-80*F high at DTW since 5/24/16.

But that looks to end after today as we segway back into the god awful weather pattern we've been dealing with for the past 3 years (hopefully it's only temporary).

Impressive streak of 80+ days here in CLE too. Today was CLE's 13th consecutive 80+ degree day, which is quite impressive for late May/early June. We even had one 90 degree day thrown in.

Impressive streak of 80+ days here in CLE too. Today was CLE's 13th consecutive 80+ degree day, which is quite impressive for late May/early June. We even had one 90 degree day thrown in.

We had one intra-hour 89*F high here, but no 90*F+ highs.

too early to get cute on specifics but finally have a decent MCS pattern on the horizon

That and a heat pattern to the southwest, whether it is over you and we get MCS or over DSM/STL and you get the MCS pattern. Either way looks like positive things coming.

Detroit's been on a decent streak of 80*+ highs and sunshine.

Haven't seen a sub-80*F high at DTW since 5/24/16.

But that looks to end after today as we segway back into the god awful weather pattern we've been dealing with for the past 3 years (hopefully it's only temporary).

The last 3 years have been almost exactly normal... give or take a degree.

The hot weather you want isn't normal here. 2012 wasn't normal.

Summer 2015 & 2014 were cooler than normal at Detroit, summer 2013 was a TOUCH above normal (like 0.2F) however highs averaged cooler than normal in all 3 summers & there was excessive cloudcover. All that said, you are correct...2012 most certainly is not normal.

To be fair, I could say the same about this past winter (as much as you disliked it). :P

Along your same line of reasoning, it was a lot closer to a normal winter around here than 2013-2014. 

Archived