joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2016 General Discussion

Hoosier

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

During mid-afternoon the temperature around these parts was 8ºC (9ºC IMBY (mid-upper 40s)) with a windchill of 5-6C. It did warm up slightly after that when the sun broke through the heavy, dank overcast. I've never seen that in June-August since I've started following weather, no doubt if record low highs or hourly sections were kept that would be the lowest temperature ever seen for 3:00 pm. The only comparison I have is that 13ºC in the middle of the afternoon on July 28, 2014. That was officially during summer while this occurred in met summer. Regardless, having windchills and conditions this close to the summer solstice is amazing.

Since late last evening there have been a handful of times the winds of winter howled through the neighborhood. The heat kicked in and was on for 6 minutes at least (again, afternoon!). Every year since 2013 we have to have at least one of these days don't we?

GFS continues to dive the front south through the area Saturday while the GEM and Euro hold the front well to my north.  Of course, the euro would mean 90s through Monday.

The GFS and Euro are very different next week as well.  The GFS sweeps a front through early in the week and has an extended dry period following.  The euro hangs the front up just to the south and then brings a good chunk of energy in from the southwest and slowly moves a stormy system across the region midweek.

Euro really reversed it's prior thinking.  It had been showing a very strong backdoor front settling well to the south by Sunday morning.  It went back to what it was showing 3-4 days ago with a longer stretch of heat.

The HRRR was correct that a modest band of storms would move through this morning.  I didn't get much out of it, though(0.07"), as better cells bypassed CR.  Now the heat is on through the weekend.  The GFS and GEM have now come into agreement with the Euro in showing a slow-moving, wet system early to mid next week.  I'm sure the moisture will be welcome following the heat.

Had 0.30" from the morning showers.  Had a few claps of thunder with it.

Effective surface boundary just southwest of us.  In the low 90s just 30 miles southwest, and 79 here with southeast winds.  If surface convection was possible I'd be pretty happy to be in this area with that boundary nearby.  Looks like it will stay dormant though.  Main show will erupt later this eve well to the north and east.  DVN removed all POPS for here for tonight.  

Looks like a few days of mid 90s on the way.

Best climo.. UGN to MKE

Yes. All bets are off tomorrow.

Too bad the SE winds aren't doing anything for the allergies. Worse day of the year so far.

Only 0.36" of rain total. Heaviest ended up settling south.

the extended for most of the sub-forum has the potential to be crazy wet. 

Praying nothing like it for Midwestern Ontario. Not certain but last June IMBY it was very wet too and that along with the terrible day-to-day conditions made it the worst June I've ever experienced. If its all from storms I'm good with that however.

Archived