Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Low impact heat wave obs thread.

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I highly doubt that.

Wunderground is showing my high being 91.3* on July 17, 2012.  I thought I had had higher, but maybe not.  Perhaps on a day when my uploads weren't working.

75.4/55.  Looks like a fan night is in store.

I know you hit 91F on that triple digit scorcher 7/22/11. 2012 is a strange one. ORH only had 92F that day. ASH and FIT were both 96F. I would've thought you'd have had upper 80s that day.

Might be the hottest of the year for some.

91F was my high

I was thinking the same thing. Sad we reached the peak of summer at the start of the season.

My thermo read 93.7, and that was near my garage in the shade. Dendrite is just jealous of how we do torches and snows so well here in NCMA :)

Lakeport water temp was 66F this morning.

They seem to run a bit hot in my opinion.

There is someone with a Facebook page that reports Sebago Lake temps, in pretty good detail too. Yesterday afternoon they went out 200 feet from shore, 3 feet down, and measured 65. Surface was 67, and 12 feet down was 60. 

They seem to run a bit hot in my opinion.

There is someone with a Facebook page that reports Sebago Lake temps, in pretty good detail too. Yesterday afternoon they went out 200 feet from shore, 3 feet down, and measured 65. Surface was 67, and 12 feet down was 60. 

I haven't trusted Lakeport since they reported water temps in the mid 20's.

The Black Cat station is wildly wrong as well.  Still 98 at 10ft.

Measuring a water temp seems difficult.

If I stand on my deck, my infrared thermometer gives me a lake temp of 12.

I haven't trusted Lakeport since they reported water temps in the mid 20's.

The Black Cat station is wildly wrong as well.  Still 98 at 10ft.

Measuring a water temp seems difficult.

If I stand on my deck, my infrared thermometer gives me a lake temp of 12.

Plus this is the time of year the lakes are overturning and then beginning to stratify for the summer.

We also can't remotely measure it, because the lakes are too small for satellite resolution (right now anyway).

Beautiful short term correction with this BD air mass.

Hi res vis imagery shows it hasn't quite yet termed its SW extend as it now enters NE CT and creeps toward Springfield along the pike.  You go from 75-80 to 63 strata across quite literally about 3 or 4 miles of distance on that western/SW edge of the llv cloud shield. 

62 here at Oxbow (about a 3 mile crow's flight to my pad).  ..it's legit cooling.

Since I can actually see flag wobbles, that means this air isn't dead calm and ANY motion means that it locks in for the whole day ... despite GGEM and Euro arguing for things to flip at 4 or 5 pm.  I have my doubt that happens.  My experience with these is there cannot be any new air mass actually moving into the region from the NE or forget it - we'll see.  Plus, there's no gradient on the warm side of the BD so there's no tongue 'cleaning out the bowl'

66/60 OVC with a comfy NE breeze.

I'd rather have the 90F and sun for the holiday weekend, but this was nice for finishing the garden beds.

I still can't get over that 98F at FIT. I still think it was a few too high. When do they ever trounce ASH/MHT/BAF/BDL like that?

66/60 OVC with a comfy NE breeze.

I'd rather have the 90F and sun for the holiday weekend, but this was nice for finishing the garden beds.

I still can't get over that 98F at FIT. I still think it was a few too high. When do they ever trounce ASH/MHT/BAF/BDL like that?

It's been dim sun here for a little while. I'd rather warm and sunny.

BTV up to 86F at 11am...should easily get the third straight day of 90F and an official heat wave.

It's over 10 degrees cooler on this side of the mountain though...75F at home.

Up to 68.1* at noon.  P/C was calling for 84.  Cooler air banking up against the hills.  Probably kill any chances for storms ftl.

Up to 68.1* at noon.  P/C was calling for 84.  Cooler air banking up against the hills.  Probably kill any chances for storms ftl.

Another scorcher at 86° F with billowing cumulus here. Amazing the difference from one side of the crest to the other #BDCFfail

Some popcorn showers are already starting to fire to my south, so maybe I'll get some much needed rain. PSF reached 89° F yesterday, so still no 90° F. The last official 90° F at PSF was 9/11/13, but my car thermo was 92° F driving around the urban heat island of town.

Visible shows it well... backdoor front type low clouds banked up the east slopes all the way to Montpelier.

Its warm upstairs...Picnic Tables at 4,000ft are 72F right now.  That's how the areas getting good mixing and outside the low level backdoor front are skyrocketing quickly to 85-90F.

post-352-0-95426500-1464539018_thumb.jpg

Yeah...thin spots in the overcast here too. It's much cooler in S/SE NH. 68F here while PSM rots at 55F...even 58F at Auburn near the MHT line. No thanks.

I hate these backdoors....sitting at 58 now...I'm in Northeast mass...just awful...steady northeast breeze.....forecast is for 70...yeah right...Maybe at 11:59 tonight

Archived