gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Low impact heat wave obs thread.

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh...car thermo. Color me skeptical. They trounced the other ASOS sites. Looking at Worcester Co on Mesowest the general high temps at that elevation are 92-94 with a 96 at the Oxbow RAWS. heck, FIT may have had a 98 or 99 in between hours too. Maybe it's right...idk. But they did drop from 97 to 92 between 2p and 3p.

I would not be surprised if it was off by a bit. But that location is always the hottest as I drive by it compared to other areas. I agree about the car thermo not being a great gauge but my wife's seems to read pretty accurately

What did Lunenberg hit?

I would not be surprised if it was off by a bit. But that location is always the hottest as I drive by it compared to other areas. I agree about the car thermo not being a great gauge but my wife's seems to read pretty accurately

What did Lunenberg hit?

They lost 3" of their pack.

Nice later afternoon. Fresh breeze.

86.3/59

It really did torch today.  Got up to 86.8.

Really drying out though, ftw.

85.8/57

Might be the hottest of the year for some

91F was my high

Both of those are very impressive for your locations.

MPM hitting 87F is about as hot a temperature I can remember him ever reporting.  Mike what's your station record?

Both of those are very impressive for your locations.

MPM hitting 87F is about as hot a temperature I can remember him ever reporting.  Mike what's your station record?

I think I had a 92 (maybe even a 93?) at some point during the 8 years I've lived here.  I think I might hit 90 every other year or so.

I think I had a 92 (maybe even a 93?) at some point during the 8 years I've lived here.  I think I might hit 90 every other year or so.

Impressive.  I can't even imagine what you in the low 90s translates to at most other areas.  Seems on these days HubbDave and ORH run several degrees warmer. 

I'd be curious if you know the date of that 92-93F.  Must've been triple digits at a lot of the ASOS stations.

92F high at mi casa but felt hotter than that.

Brought the boy to the antique gas engine show in Bernardston this morning. A five year old boy's jackpot so it ended up being three hours in a scorching field with dust and gas/diesel fumes. Fun until I started hallucinating. Lol.

Didn't install this week but this locale is one mile from our front door so life is tolerable.

post-919-0-34794100-1464484612_thumb.jpe

Fwiw, those upper 90s were legit.

I drove from Ayer up 495 to 3 N into Nashua running errands, and as I went E on 3 to 3A back S the whole way the car therm was tact at 98 F .     Obviously no car is official but I've come to find that sucker jives with NWS whenever ive happened by their sites.  Plus, windows down opting out of AC ...just to see, and with wind blasting through the car it was still almost unbearable.   

Is that 87 a record high for you in May and June ?

I highly doubt that.

Impressive.  I can't even imagine what you in the low 90s translates to at most other areas.  Seems on these days HubbDave and ORH run several degrees warmer. 

I'd be curious if you know the date of that 92-93F.  Must've been triple digits at a lot of the ASOS stations.

Wunderground is showing my high being 91.3* on July 17, 2012.  I thought I had had higher, but maybe not.  Perhaps on a day when my uploads weren't working.

75.4/55.  Looks like a fan night is in store.

92F high at mi casa but felt hotter than that.

Brought the boy to the antique gas engine show in Bernardston this morning. A five year old boy's jackpot so it ended up being three hours in a scorching field with dust and gas/diesel fumes. Fun until I started hallucinating. Lol.

Didn't install this week but this locale is one mile from our front door so life is tolerable.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Archived