Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Low impact heat wave obs thread.

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now this is nice.

Very noticeable dew point drop ongoing though hard to tell if it was a boundary or just mixing.

Went from 83/66 to 85/54 at MVL and MPV went 82/64 to 83/55.

Big difference outside in "real feel" between 83/66 and 85/54. It actually feels cooler outside despite the temp going up two degrees.

Now this is nice.

Very noticeable dew point drop ongoing though hard to tell if it was a boundary or just mixing.

Went from 83/66 to 85/54 at MVL and MPV went 82/64 to 83/55.

Big difference outside in "real feel" between 83/66 and 85/54. It actually feels cooler outside despite the temp going up two degrees.

Nice. Send it south.

85.6/68

in places where people actually swim ocean temps are 55-58. lake was great though

I always remember the lake there in North Woodstock where our cabin is would be like 75-80F in July during heatwaves, and then we'd drive to Misquamicut Beach and the ocean would be like 60F. It would get to the point where the lake wasn't even refreshing anymore during the mid-summer heat.

last heat wave for at least 3 weeks. like having a snowstorm in early Nov then having to wait until Dec

I always have to chuckle at how ridiculous the seasons in seasons phrase is. He's not looking for "seasons" per SE but just "hot" or "cold". Depending on what mode he is in +DIT or -DIT will decide what weather constitutes "seasons in seasons."

There's no seasons in one mind, just hot time of year or cold time of year.

I think it is accurate. Driving around Leominster Fitchburg the car thermo was between 96 and 99 the whole time

Meh...car thermo. Color me skeptical. They trounced the other ASOS sites. Looking at Worcester Co on Mesowest the general high temps at that elevation are 92-94 with a 96 at the Oxbow RAWS. heck, FIT may have had a 98 or 99 in between hours too. Maybe it's right...idk. But they did drop from 97 to 92 between 2p and 3p.

I always remember the lake there in North Woodstock where our cabin is would be like 75-80F in July during heatwaves, and then we'd drive to Misquamicut Beach and the ocean would be like 60F. It would get to the point where the lake wasn't even refreshing anymore during the mid-summer heat.

summer routine was quarries until July, ocean until mid August when jellyfish showed up then back to the quarries until after labor day then best beach times in Sept.I hated June when I was a lifeguard, lots of cool foggy days, cold water, inevitably had to go in and rescue some tool in a rip in 60 degree water. Ice cream headaches sucked.

Archived