• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
disMay Pattern Disco

CoastalWx

Sorry to hear there wasn't much rain there yesterday.

We had 0.5 inches in upstate NY with more incoming.

WE can probably handle a few more refugees from drought ravaged Connecticut but will be hoping for rain there soon to end this catastrophe.

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kevin spring for central air. Much more energy efficient, much quieter, and no need for your house to have these abominations hanging in the Windows. Way quieter too. And no need to install and remove year in and year out.

So say those who have money to burn.

I wish I had central air.  My revolutionary war aged house is awful in the summer.  We have one window unit, and a few of those rolling units with the hoses...I can't risk hanging anything off of the main windows.  Trim and moldings are too fragile at the openings.  

Morning AFD from GYX had wording to the effect of (paraphrased from memory), "this forecast could be used as a public service warning about the dangers of spring in New England." The dreaded "cutoff low" language was also featured. As a further note, they added that the observer in Eustis had reported a changeover to snow.

Morning AFD from GYX had wording to the effect of (paraphrased from memory), "this forecast could be used as a public service warning about the dangers of spring in New England." The dreaded "cutoff low" language was also featured. As a further note, they added that the observer in Eustis had reported a changeover to snow.

close the shades

not that anyone's paying attention to this but ...it's become abundantly clear the cut-off scenario now moving toward the inner middle time range is both not a stagnating pattern, but also looks to have limited surface organized cyclonic development with it. 

mainly it's a cool pool aloft as is so often the case at this time of year; it doesn't appear to be toting along enough lower tropospheric chill to enhance the baroclinics necessary to integrate cyclogenesis vertically. 

i think that's a subtle win for those beleaguered seasonal warriors fighting a battle against spring doomers ... that have the refs on their side.. (meaning the unrelenting pattern).  

i'm still liking that 2nd week of May for more meaningful warm-up.  may even go above normal heading toward mid month if things continue to break.  the operational runs are hinting at a loss of < 540 DM height packets S of of the 50th, and outright - save for the GGEM which has no hope of every verifying anyway.... - indicate modest warm 850s anomaly. 

Not to mention, I think most people on here no when the first real heat wave is coming and can put them in before things get too warm.

That's usually what I wait for - a signal for an upcoming hot stretch.  Even then, I try to get them in day before I think I will need them to allow the refrigerant to settle.  Anyone who watches the weather as closely as this group does should be able to manage temperatures in the their house without an air conditioner in our climate until a real heat wave arrives.

That's usually what I wait for - a signal for an upcoming hot stretch.  Even then, I try to get them in day before I think I will need them to allow the refrigerant to settle.  Anyone who watches the weather as closely as this group does should be able to manage temperatures in the their house without an air conditioner in our climate until a real heat wave arrives.

Exactly.

My wife would be pissed if I put them in this early.

...Which is why it is odd that someone in north/central CT would install them in April.  I don't even have the storm windows out yet.  Yes, I have to climb up on a ladder and take them out of the old part of the house. 

Kevin spring for central air. Much more energy efficient, much quieter, and no need for your house to have these abominations hanging in the Windows. Way quieter too. And no need to install and remove year in and year out.

it's nice that's for sure.   Most of my neighbor has converted...maybe a house or two left with window units.     We only use it when needed, some people never turn it off-just go from heat to AC back to heat...that can't be healthy having all that stale air locked up.

:lol: how is that working out lately?

Looks like the NE winds were fine today for DIT...I mean looking at the ORH obs it was a beauty. We all love <1/4sm rain and fog in the low to mid 40s.

Nothing like that 040 wind direction to usher in the beautiful weather.

KORH 021454Z 04008KT M1/4SM R11/1400V2000FT RA FG VV002 06/06 A2996 AO2 RAB40 PRESFR SLP153 P0002 60002 T00610056 58023

:whistle:

close the shades

Glad we're going on vacation. 

post-44-0-87172400-1462243633_thumb.png

we will enjoy the trough,its the only trough we got. Reload after a 2 day semi break next week?

At least the signal is a bit weaker this go around, but yeah the EPS sort of hints that after ridging tries to work in the trough starts to migrate east again.

Major pattern change signal continues there for all of next week and beyond and we put this abnormal May weather behind us. Looks like now even Saturday will be ruined and possibly Mother's Day..but then it's over. BOX seeing it too

FOR

NEXT WEEK A MORE AVERAGE AND DRIER WEATHER PATTERN  SETS UP
WITH DOMINANT W/SW FLOW MORE TYPICAL FOR THE MONTH OF MAY.

Major pattern change signal continues there for all of next week and beyond and we put this abnormal May weather behind us. Looks like now even Saturday will be ruined and possibly Mother's Day..but then it's over. BOX seeing it too

FOR NEXT WEEK A MORE AVERAGE AND DRIER WEATHER PATTERN  SETS UP

WITH DOMINANT W/SW FLOW MORE TYPICAL FOR THE MONTH OF MAY.

Interesting how that "beyond" appears from seemingly nowhere. I wouldn't say the ensemble guidance has a major signal at all. Rather mixed in fact, with hints of troughing trying to work back towards the area after the ridging next week.

Archived