Newest Member
    joxey
disMay Pattern Disco

CoastalWx

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

forget it dude - 

he's twisting things around to make his point.  

5-7 days in 40s vs 5-7 days in the schits.

he's playing verbal games hiding in the wedge between those definitions.  ah ahaha

Yeah I mean technically he may be right that we can't find 5 days in the 40s...but it is mostly a function that this particular setup is occurring at the very beginning of the month vs mid or late May. Those 4 or 5 days of 52F highs on 5/16 are 47F on 5/2....so it's really just because of what exact 5 days in May you are looking at. When it occurs on May 1-5, you get 40s vs 51F. It's an academic distinction that is essentially meaningless to the debate itself and the sensible wx feel. Nobody notices that the high was 50 or 51F vs 49F.

That 20kt NE wind with temps of 43 tomorrow should feel great whistling through the Kenmore window A/C unit.

is it still supposed to mix pellets in above 600' els from N-central CT to the Monadnocks?  i got to figure the snow levels is just barely above that level - 

But I did check back to 1965 and didn't find 5 consecutive days of 40s at ORH in May...though technically this year won't do it either...May 1st was 50F at ORH.

We could still do it if Friday stays in the 40s, but I think it may get into the 50s...we'll see.

Yeah I mean technically he may be right that we can't find 5 days in the 40s...but it is mostly a function that this particular setup is occurring at the very beginning of the month vs mid or late May. Those 4 or 5 days of 52F highs on 5/16 are 47F on 5/2....so it's really just because of what exact 5 days in May you are looking at. When it occurs on May 1-5, you get 40s vs 51F. It's an academic distinction that is essentially meaningless to the debate itself and the sensible wx feel. Nobody notices that the high was 50 or 51F vs 49F.

Zactly!  

jesus -

i remember the summer of 2000 pretty much sucked from April 1 to October 10 - then we had a 83 F afternoon and I remember, distinctly, thinking that was probably as warm a day right then as any day that we had during that previous summer.  we had days of showery schits with those low hanging nimbo strata danks...humid as all rain forest but never rarealy above 74 F or so.  we also had a wind swept curtain rain nor-easter that June and with temp around 51 during.  horrible spring, horrible summer, with probably more than 1, 5-7 days stretch that would make the cut for the schit annuls 

WRONG!  ... 

ORH is 1,000 feet numb nuts

I've never actually seen anyone type "numb nuts".  I've heard it said many times, but never seen it written out. I have to admit it's funnier when seen.  

...although I wonder if it should really be written as "numbnuts"?  

...But separating "nuts" from "numb" seems to make more sense and add to the humor factor. 

I've never actually seen anyone type "numb nuts".  I've heard it said many times, but never seen it written out. I have to admit it's funnier when seen.  

...although I wonder if it should really be written as "numbnuts"?  

...But separating "nuts" from "numb" seems to make more sense and add to the humor factor. 

you know .. i actually did hesitate there '...wait, is it numbnuts er...wtf ever'

well ...anyway, as to the models, for what it's not worth (which is probably a lot - heh) the GGEM has Monday - Wed ...maybe even Thursday, markedly improved on this run. 

quite seasonally warm  - and note i said, "seasonally" warm.  not, omg brown outs and GW!  ...

just that it's a bit more constructive with the -PNA ridge interval and likewise rolls out continental warm in a sector that takes more than a mere 12 hours (like anything that's happened so far for the most part)... 3 afternoons of +6 to + 12 C 850s in well mixed afternoons.  Monday would be a like high probably... wonder if there would even be a dry amorphous warm front around 3:14 pm 

j/k

For sensible wx, its a May '05 repeat.

..it's interesting that it pulls that off entirely by idiosyncrasies in the flow, too. 

850s are hugely milder than that stretch in '05 ever were ... at any time from D5 through 10, a full sun would pop temps.  but there's always something with the Euro.  

f-it.  i'm going with the GGEM   ahahaha

I guess I'm out of the loop then. Anyways...they spend more time in their cars in the A/C and eating doughnuts so I don't have pity.

There are thousands of cops on foot patrol in stinking hot NYC all summer long. It is not anything resembling the AC riding NH state troopers. Half the patrol cars overheat when using the AC on the hot days. You don't have to have any pity, but don't downplay the misery of patrolling that city in 2016.

There are thousands of cops on foot patrol in stinking hot NYC all summer long. It is not anything resembling the AC riding NH state troopers. Half the patrol cars overheat when using the AC on the hot days. You don't have to have any pity, but don't downplay the misery of patrolling that city in 2016.

Glad we don't live there

Personally i don't think the Euro is going to be correct. As it is..it warm sectors much of CT next Wednesday.

At any rate, my thinking is Monday is mid-upper 60's after a cool morning, and then Tu-Th are 70 or higher. 

frankly i don't know what to do about next week...

there's been this weird kind of "find a way to make the coldest solution work out" verification thing going on...  If it's not one thing it's the other...  everything will set finally to be a warm stretch then a bd will just spontaneously emerge - 

sarcasm aside i don't trust this pattern for warmth.  i don't - it's like found us in a scenario where it needs to prove it can before we can buy a warm up.

sometimes it's not so fool-hearty to respect persistence, is what i'm thinking and tho the models may or may not show how, SOME way SOME how, the atmosphere will engineer a chillier ordeal.  it just f wants to, man -

Do you have a "state troopers are your best protection" bumper sticker on the back of your vehicle?

You dropped my wink when you quoted me. It was just a sarcastic post. I appreciate the work most of them do.

Do you have a "state troopers are your best protection" bumper sticker on the back of your vehicle?

You dropped my wink when you quoted me. It was just a sarcastic post. I appreciate the work most of them do.

He's angry and most likely packing at all times..just be careful.

Like Will said..glad we don't live there.

The Ens offer some hope next week

Archived