LOWERED POPS. A FEW 12Z GEFS MEMBERS ALONG WITH THE CMC STILL
INDICATE THE POTENTIAL FOR A PERIOD OF COOL/WET WEATHER. SO TO
SUMMARIZE...ITS TOO EARLY TO LOCK IN A DRY/MILD SOLUTION BUT DID
TREND A BIT MORE IN THAT DIRECTION.

THURSDAY AND FRIDAY...

SEASONABLE TO EVEN ABOVE NORMAL TEMPERATURES EXPECTED. DRY WEATHER
LIKELY THURSDAY...BUT A COLD FRONT MAY BRING A PERIOD OF SHOWERS
SOMETIME FRIDAY AND/OR FRIDAY NIGHT.

I was actually surprised last month was as cool as it was. The abundant sunshine really really skewed my perception and made it a pleasant month imo. Might also have to do with being on the shoreline, where we're used to temperatures nose-diving back into the lower 50's in the afternoon in April regardless of how warm the midday make it.

Key to coolness at my place was clear, calm nights.  We radiate extremely well on those occasions, such that April's avg minimum was the coolest of my 18, while the mean was 3rd coolest, barely slipping below last year.

right on schedule per the original GEFs signal from days ago ... flagging the 2nd week of May for the normality to make a come back ...  

as far as above normal, as i've said before the base line climate state argues that "normal" is decimals above the 30 -year mean to atone for the rise, so if we are slightly above normal - my personal math (haha) does't really call that above normal.

anyway, the GEFs are currently dicey for sustaining anything too warm.  but transitory nature with limited ridging is also the common route in May so - 

BOX offering some hope this afternoon. Get these last heavy showers that were not forecast on air last night out of here and hopefully that's it

OTHERWISE...EXPECT GRADUAL CLEARING THIS AFTERNOON WHICH WILL LEAD

TO A BIG DIFFERENCE IN HIGHS WHICH WILL HOLD IN THE 40S AND 50S
ACROSS NE AND E COASTAL MA...TO THE LOW-MID 60S WHERE THE SUN
BREAKS OUT. LATEST MAV/2M GFS/NAM TEMPS SHOW THIS BEST.

BOX offering some hope this afternoon. Get these last heavy showers that were not forecast on air last night out of here and hopefully that's it

OTHERWISE...EXPECT GRADUAL CLEARING THIS AFTERNOON WHICH WILL LEAD

TO A BIG DIFFERENCE IN HIGHS WHICH WILL HOLD IN THE 40S AND 50S

ACROSS NE AND E COASTAL MA...TO THE LOW-MID 60S WHERE THE SUN

BREAKS OUT. LATEST MAV/2M GFS/NAM TEMPS SHOW THIS BEST.

Thankfully we had "scattered morning showers" in the forecast with improvement by the afternoon.

I will say though the models are handling this mornings rain/convection very poorly. HRRR has nothing. I'm a bit worried today has the potential to be pretty unsettled with that ULL nearby and a bit of elevated instability developing with colder air moving in aloft. 

Thankfully we had "scattered morning showers" in the forecast with improvement by the afternoon.

I will say though the models are handling this mornings rain/convection very poorly. HRRR has nothing. I'm a bit worried today has the potential to be pretty unsettled with that ULL nearby and a bit of elevated instability developing with colder air moving in aloft. 

Maybe some bangers?

Just keep them out of Watertown between 5-6:30. State cup game

yea ULL cold pockets always are worrisome in May. Have a 4 pm game in Norwich, hopefully the rain holds off.

enjoy the pool its the only pool you got

getdocument.jpg

LOL--I'm not the pool person.  My wife and daughter are.  I just get the pleasure cleaning it.

Haha...disaster, looks like nice mild down. And you know there's a large part of you that enjoys seeing the sub 850 temps regardless of the season ;).

I welcome those any time of year.

Tips no 0 850s didn't last long Sunday night and then this disaster on todays Euro.

now to apply the context in which I was discussing that ...so as to not allow it to be spun the way you're using it:  that was based upon a particular run cycle depiction...

and it's true.. the context over all was thematic,  the region will recover substantially during this next week. 

also, that run has no chance of verifying and will modulate warm in future cycles.  90% certain of that -

The extended still looks near to even a bit BN. Difference being we have more continental flow so the sun will certainly shine a lot more than we've been used to.

I don't think it looks below normal at all.  not even "a bit"...

we'll see how it play out - but my reasons are also more abstract than synoptics/teleconnectors. 

Archived