• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
disMay Pattern Disco

CoastalWx

it's over folks... the backside of a nightmare ...going forward, the troughs are more progressive and the seasonal abandon of the 0 850 plaguing isotherm is pretty clearly evident in all guidance types. cold flows are more typically looking.

not sure how this is unclear, no mention of talking about a particular model run. In fact many areas drop below 0 at 850 tomorrow night never mind the obscene Euro LR

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not sure how this is unclear, no mention of talking about a particular model run. In fact many areas drop below 0 at 850 tomorrow night never mind the obscene Euro LR

why not?   I obviously I wasn't talking about the guidance in the future ?

duh -

plus, I also said, "never mind the obscene long range Euro"

which I also said for  reason.

stop miss-quoting me.  I'm sick of it.  You said, "Tips no 0 850s" is clearly miss-representing the reasons why I said that, which I spelled out and you miss-allocate so you can do your adversarial act.

why not? I obviously I wasn't talking about the guidance in the future ?

duh -

plus, I also said, "never mind the obscene long range Euro"

which I also said for reason.

stop miss-quoting me. I'm sick of it. You said, "Tips no 0 850s" is clearly miss-representing the reasons why I said that, which I spelled out and you miss-allocate so you can do your adversarial act.

wut I said that not you. Read it again

nope in baseball mode,been brutal,nothing good about it at all. Got me wrong on this.

Fair enough, fair enough.

Like you said, we'll drop below 0C H85 tomorrow evening into Monday... BTV has a chance of snow showers & flurries in the forecast for the northern mountains during that time.

I don't think it looks below normal at all. not even "a bit"...

we'll see how it play out - but my reasons are also more abstract than synoptics/teleconnectors.

Well I just glanced at the srfc T anomalies. I did say near or even a bit BN. I didn't say only BN.

Sat showing clearing coinciding with the precip shield. Looks like about 30 minutes or so until the sun breaks out here.

Yea I'm thinking the vast majority in here salvage a good part of the day, considering sunset isn't until after 7:30. I'm even expecting clearing around 12-1 here on the seacoast of NH.

My bad--I was looking at infrared. Vis still shows clouds into CNY.

HRRR looks good. Clears out fast from west to east.

Radar trends also look favorable--it's moving at a decent clip.

That's a nice dry airmass coming in behind this--you're going to clear out fast. Clouds aren't going to stick around--once the rain ends you'll see clearing. I'd guess before 11.

I prefer yoga pants and short shorts, but if suits and ties tickle your fancy that's cool too.

...This stretch of weather has been awfully awful. I was hoping for a bit more sun this weekend. Just a wee bit last night, and now back to full clouds and drizzle.

coc a doodle dew in your yoga pants all week long

HRRR looks good. Clears out fast from west to east.

Radar trends also look favorable--it's moving at a decent clip.

That's a nice dry airmass coming in behind this--you're going to clear out fast. Clouds aren't going to stick around--once the rain ends you'll see clearing. I'd guess before 11.

Pretty close.  11:20, we sun.

Pretty close.  11:20, we sun.

Wow that happened quick down there.

Cold air advection has begun... SLK down to 35/33 at 11:15am.  I think with this CAA and NW flow its going to be difficult to clear out in the mountains but maybe some breaks in the mountain valleys.

Snowing above 2,500ft.

Wow that happened quick down there.

Cold air advection has begun... SLK down to 35/33 at 11:15am.  I think with this CAA and NW flow its going to be difficult to clear out in the mountains but maybe some breaks in the mountain valleys.

Snowing above 2,500ft.

attachicon.gifMay_8.jpg

Well--I might have been overzealous.  It had gone back to clouds/broken clouds, but now it's really breaking up with bright sun emerging.  Wind's had picked up smartly about 1/2 our ago to help with the drying.

First mowing of the season 75% done.  Despite full sun since noon, have only managed 55 with gusty winds so it felt more like the last mowing of the season.

This was some impressive cold air advection today.... MVL was 54F at 9am and was down to 41F at the 2pm & 3pm readings (and that's without precipitation).  Classic October day type CAA.

Color me impressed to drop that much throughout the day in May, so much that its 41F in the middle of the afternoon after waking up in the mid-50s.  Up on the mountain its in the 20s with wind chills in the single digits, lol.

This was some impressive cold air advection today.... MVL was 54F at 9am and was down to 41F at the 2pm & 3pm readings (and that's without precipitation). Classic October day type CAA.

Color me impressed to drop that much throughout the day in May, so much that its 41F in the middle of the afternoon after waking up in the mid-50s. Up on the mountain its in the 20s with wind chills in the single digits, lol.

Yeah, I thought about playing a late 9 holes but the wind and the temp made me think better of it.

This was some impressive cold air advection today.... MVL was 54F at 9am and was down to 41F at the 2pm & 3pm readings (and that's without precipitation). Classic October day type CAA.

Color me impressed to drop that much throughout the day in May, so much that its 41F in the middle of the afternoon after waking up in the mid-50s. Up on the mountain its in the 20s with wind chills in the single digits, lol.

Glad we don't live there

Archived