SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
disMay Pattern Disco

CoastalWx

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yup, predictable ...  even more so than any heat at the end of the month, would be how all tools unanimously backed off and yet Kevin reports to all of us how they opposite happened.  

...it may come back.  and in fact, it probably will - who knows.  these pattern changes tend to be waffling in the early stages of detection by models/teles...and so forth.  compounding, the nebulous wave numbers as we climb toward summer isn't helping that cause, either.  but as it stands as of last night, it looks less, not more, supported. 

This thread = lol.

Only about 6 weeks to go until the days begin to get shorter.

much in the same way i prefer my winters 'front end loaded', i think i like my summers that way, too.  

this business about lingering in the previous season as though the atmosphere is a squirming incalcitrant flopping 5-year old ... only succeeds in gobbling up precious time that a more cooperative atmosphere "should" have been spent delivering. 

this is called the "Kevina Complex" ... it's a psycho-babble condition where someone somehow feels entitled to a certain sensible climate for having been subjected to negatively reinforced delusion based on calendar date... heh. 

seriously,  i'd like solid 80s and towering supercells from March 1 to October 1, then,... a foot of snow for Halloween, TG, and Xmass, and NY ...actually, have that be 6' of depth on NY ... then, one finally history making hyperstorm on Feb 15....  then it all starts all over again.  

but oh how we dream...

lol Tippy with the seasons in seasons....the problem is you get used to that and then you want it to happen a couple months earlier. It seems everyone likes rushing the seasonal change...like getting bored of something with one to two months left to go in every season.

Dial it back two months and the same thing will still happen, the year is still 365 days long.

The seasons will be 3 months long regardless of where in the calendar they are.

Or is it more that folks want to get rid of spring and fall? Just have two 6-month seasons of summer and winter?

much in the same way i prefer my winters 'front end loaded', i think i like my summers that way, too.  

this business about lingering in the previous season as though the atmosphere is a squirming incalcitrant flopping 5-year old ... only succeeds in gobbling up precious time that a more cooperative atmosphere "should" have been spent delivering. 

this is called the "Kevina Complex" ... it's a psycho-babble condition where someone somehow feels entitled to a certain sensible climate for having been subjected to negatively reinforced delusion based on calendar date... heh. 

seriously,  i'd like solid 80s and towering supercells from March 1 to October 1, then,... a foot of snow for Halloween, TG, and Xmass, and NY ...actually, have that be 6' of depth on NY ... then, one finally history making hyperstorm on Feb 15....  then it all starts all over again.  

but oh how we dream...

Sign me up for that but please push the "hyperstorm" to the end of Feb, with a 2 week melting period, and then kick in with the first severe event and 78F days starting at around March 15th and I will be good.  I need that 2 week period to change from winter to summer mode.

If you can put that order in to start this October 31st it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

HAHA!

...although, one thing i forgot in that little opine is that Autumn's okay - i guess...  every so many years that is.  sometimes we do get an early shot at winter.  in 1995, it did that... and stuck, too, in a slowly south descending gradient look where once a given latitude flipped cold they couldn't get back over the line if they tried.  

that's the extreme though...  but i was going to say, we do (eyes roll) occasionally get a tropical season up this way.  it may take a decade, or two...or three, but that's a kind of option on boredom that makes autumn that much less useless to me. 

spring?  forget it ... even if we get a late blue bomb i'd rather do without because July is just too inevitable to want-that-on.  

anyway, back to reality ...

HAHA!

...although, one thing i forgot in that little opine is that Autumn's okay - i guess...  every so many years that is.  sometimes we do get an early shot at winter.  in 1995, it did that... and stuck, too, in a slowly south descending gradient look where once a given latitude flipped cold they couldn't get back over the line if they tried.  

that's the extreme though...  but i was going to say, we do (eyes roll) occasionally get a tropical season up this way.  it may take a decade, or two...or three, but that's a kind of option on boredom that makes autumn that much less useless to me. 

spring?  forget it ... even if we get a late blue bomb i'd rather do without because July is just too inevitable to want-that-on.  

anyway, back to reality ...

Yes.  Can I add a change order to include about 4-5 weeks of autumn through Halloween? Let the snow start ripping on November 2nd.

Thanks again.

yup, predictable ... even more so than any heat at the end of the month, would be how all tools unanimously backed off and yet Kevin reports to all of us how they opposite happened.

...it may come back. and in fact, it probably will - who knows. these pattern changes tend to be waffling in the early stages of detection by models/teles...and so forth. compounding, the nebulous wave numbers as we climb toward summer isn't helping that cause, either. but as it stands as of last night, it looks less, not more, supported.

You've got to stop just using the GFS . This signal continues to strengthen

8C6C2497-FDD7-4D4B-B5D2-80FA90785385_zps

idk...our drizzle loving AWOL friend from downeast Maine probably disagrees.

Who dat?  The only frequent poster I recall from "truly" Downeast (Hancock and Washington Counties) is cool spruce.  We posted back and forth frequently and I'd read anything he put on the old Eastern, and I cannot recall his expressing preference, ever, for BN rain/dz over wx like these past/current three days.  Also, he's been "AWOL" for health reasons since 2010.   :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

Who dat? The only frequent poster I recall from "truly" Downeast (Hancock and Washington Counties) is cool spruce. We posted back and forth frequently and I'd read anything he put on the old Eastern, and I cannot recall his expressing preference, ever, for BN rain/dz over wx like these past/current three days. Also, he's been "AWOL" for health reasons since 2010. :cry::cry::cry:

It was that guy who always took pics and had some bird as an avatar.

It was that guy who always took pics and had some bird as an avatar.

Peeps from north of BGR have been exceedingly few.  There was an infrequent poster from a town 15-20 miles NW of the city, I think his screen name was Red, or Red-something.  Beyond that one recalls Vim Toot, but central Aroostook ain't Downeast.  Back in 2005-06 on Eastern there was a member from Ft. Kent who sent pics of March 2005 with snow halfway up storefront windows, and the 36-38" post-Christmas dump of 12/05, but he moved out of state, IIRC.

Dude loved backdoors and cold and fog and drizzle. Especially in summer . Don't recall his screen name          

Disclosure:  My all-time favorite BD was in the summer, August 3, 1975.. The day before was Hot Saturday, perhaps New England's hottest day ever with 107 in New Bedford, 102 (from a low of 83) in BOS, 103 at PWM, 102 at BGR (site of our non-AC apt), and 100 with feet in saltwater at BHB.  The evening forecast on that day was for another run at triple-D, and it was a big relief to wake up to a cloudy day of low 70s, with the odd sprinkle.

Who dat?  The only frequent poster I recall from "truly" Downeast (Hancock and Washington Counties) is cool spruce.  We posted back and forth frequently and I'd read anything he put on the old Eastern, and I cannot recall his expressing preference, ever, for BN rain/dz over wx like these past/current three days.  Also, he's been "AWOL" for health reasons since 2010.   :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

I miss Cool Spruce too.

Back in 2005-06 on Eastern there was a member from Ft. Kent who sent pics of March 2005 with snow halfway up storefront windows, and the 36-38" post-Christmas dump of 12/05, but he moved out of state, IIRC.

I seem to think his name was Will. He posted regularly from Fort Kent/Caribou area. He used to have some insane drift pics from up there.

Which I'm sure were thoroughly tongue in cheek, like the sense in which folks from Lubec/EPO would brag about their fog - "It was so thick that our roofing crew nailed shingles 5 feet beyond the seaward gable before realizing their mistake."

(And Bath is only "Downeast" if one's viewpoint is from west of BDL.  It barely qualifies as midcoast.)

Which I'm sure were thoroughly tongue in cheek, like the sense in which folks from Lubec/EPO would brag about their fog - "It was so thick that our roofing crew nailed shingles 5 feet beyond the seaward gable before realizing their mistake."

(And Bath is only "Downeast" if one's viewpoint is from west of BDL.  It barely qualifies as midcoast.)

I don't think these posts were tongue in cheek.  I seem to remember him posting about being serious about his preference for that type of weather.  Didn't he move south somewhere?

Archived