joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
disMay Pattern Disco

CoastalWx

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GFS looks pretty wet south of the pike late Saturday /early Sunday. Heaviest precip towards the south coast and just offshore but .5+ for most of CT. I certainly don't want rain on the weekend but we could use a little rain for the flowers/gardens. Like others alluded to, nailing down a track this time of year is tricky.

Noticed the Canadian shifted south too

That model has been doing well the past couple years.

For someone concerned about drought, I'm confused as to why you are not rooting this system on like you would in the winter. In January this would be a slam dunk south of the Pike snow event.

That model has been doing well the past couple years.

For someone concerned about drought, I'm confused as to why you are not rooting this system on like you would in the winter. In January this would be a slam dunk south of the Pike snow event.

He's rooting for drought...you haven't gotten that by now? :lol:

He's rooting for drought...you haven't gotten that by now? :lol:

It's all so confusing it'll make your head spin :lol:.

Wants drought so can hype something, but wants rain for the lawn, but only if it's the right kind of rain and fits the narrative (see response to Tippy about GFS). If it's an inch of synoptic rain from a cut-off we'd rather just stick with the drought card and water the lawn from a hose.

Totally looks like a TS... except it's extratropical. 

Looks like clouds, cool temperatures, a breeze and showers. Fantastic.

Yeah the whole cold core thing kind of screws up the tropical argument.

That would be a nasty cold nor' easter.

Ughhh we're never going to get severe weather with these stupid POS idiotic off-season piece of crap patterns. This is just getting beyond ridiculous now. It's at a point where even just slightly below-average temps feel so warm b/c we have these dumb cold air masses in place all the time...and not to mention the fooking winds...every single day it has to be windy. Enough is enough and this **** has to change b/c of we go through June like this ****s going to hit the fan.

Ughhh we're never going to get severe weather with these stupid POS idiotic off-season piece of crap patterns. This is just getting beyond ridiculous now. It's at a point where even just slightly below-average temps feel so warm b/c we have these dumb cold air masses in place all the time...and not to mention the fooking winds...every single day it has to be windy. Enough is enough and this **** has to change b/c of we go through June like this ****s going to hit the fan.

It's SNE. Deal with it.

any joking and righteous embarrassing Kevin by pointing out how he's been wrong 10 out of 10 times this week aside ... 

i'm wondering if that cut-off idea ends up over amped, like the last one ( a facet that got lost in an overall cool pattern to begin with...).  we'll see...   one thing, it's occurring in the apex of the NAO rise, which is anti-correlated to some degree, ..but ironically the flow lifting and "stranding" dynamics could also fit in just the same.  hmm. 

if that sucker were to occur it certainly would validate the hell outta all those drought mongering posts ...

well ... i don't believe that, either. 

tell that the tornado deaths spanning decades, people.   Wiz' enthusiasm aside, he's right - it's a 'widespread' vs interpretation issue. 

Although, i might also add the term 'frequency' to that argument; it obviously doesn't happen as often.  That may leave those with on-going lust for big excitement ... disgruntled and probably jaded/inclined to making blanket sarcasm re our region.  

do we get scud-stripped/exposed updraft exposures clear to 30 K, with sparse softballs caving in farmer's skulls from undulating green tinted mammata?  one could say 'never' and probably based on history alone they'd be pretty close to correct.  however, we do get well formed HP supercells from time to time. 

obviously we all know this... 

well, just looking over things.  i'm thrilled to report that the "major" heat wave slated to replace the "monster" cool-down JB tweeted out to his gushing fans in awe last week ... has about a 5% chance of occurring at this point.   

things do look like they could get 'seasonally hot' toward the first week of June maybe...  but, that's so far out in time, may as well cook up a whole 'nother butt banger tele signal.

i'm beginning to think this weird SE Can/NE U.S. cool sink that's dominating the last three years running might be a consequence of GW...  I mean, other areas of the world are statistically entered their own unusual persistence ...maybe this is just what the Pac/N/A pattern does in a warm earth.  ... just sayn'.   i'm sure we'll get heat waves and so forth ...  but we did just traverse two winters back to back in NINA ...then, a solid NINO, and all three had deeply violated butt sore springs...  and I include last year in my opine rage despite the warm May, because April and the first half of June was frigid and that summed/3 the winter into = a big piece of schit transition season in my mind.   

Looks like rain is a higher confidence now this weekend. The low is trending closer. Hopefully Saturday is ok. Also could be a multi day cool wet period should the ULL next week swing that low NW.

You rainy cold weather lover.

Archived