joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
disMay Pattern Disco

CoastalWx

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What day from Thursday onwards can you see below 70 away from the water?

It depends how close any LP comes. Not even rain, but should it be cloudy...it won't be warm.  For whatever reason, I've seen a lot of voodoo MOS munching for the Chamber of Commerce lately. I'm sure Scooby Doos favorite MOS munching stations had 70 yesterday and today. 

It depends how close any LP comes. Not even rain, but should it be cloudy...it won't be warm.  For whatever reason, I've seen a lot of voodoo MOS munching for the Chamber of Commerce lately. I'm sure Scooby Doos favorite MOS munching stations had 70 yesterday and today. 

LOL. only 60 at mi casa jesterday and probably similar today.  As for the rest of the week it looks seasonal to me.

7-day_forecast.jpg

well ... let's keep in mind that "above normal" is the base-line ... 

a 'normal pattern' for calendar date is going to result a few decimal points above the 30-year climate mean - most likely - do to the fact that every month in the past 20 months...if not years ... are speckled along a plot whose curve that is sloped upward.  

so by above normal, what do we mean?  

frankly i'm still waiting for JBS's "major heat" wave to show up in the charts,  and though I see a 'seasonal' relaxation and perhaps some positive height anomalies in the east, there are reasons not to get too excited about that. 

This warm dry upcoming pattern is not good for soils,lawns, vegetation etc...

2EF0C296-66DF-4D47-9196-7DEC451AF6A4_zps

the dry idea has issues...

it depends on if that climate-friendly closed low that ALL guidance materializes along the MA is really there, weak, or even moderate intensity.

if it's weak, probably weak onsuhore flow with cool-pool convection further west away from the Coast.  

if it's moderate ... more surface reflection and stronger(ish) onshore feed of moisture and probably steady coastal rains right smack targeted on your fantasy drought region.  

New Euro Weeklies in. Nothing really screaming sustained warmth. Think we'll just be dodging back/forth either side of avg well into June

https://twitter.com/ericfisher/status/732345262207799296

:lol: of course the first person to object is TollandKev. Joey and the Twitter-sphere apparently are well aware of his biases, haha.

"@dcoviello32 @ericfisher Beautiful thing is that we all know what @TollandKev will see, as long as we know whether it's summer or winter :)"

i think Eric Fisher was being awful polite when he tweeted "beautiful things about forecasting.  We all look at the same stuff and see different things".  DIT will read that as being included in the "we", minus the meteorology classes, the degrees, and the paid job.

Next week has a shot with cutoff lifting north.

yeah ... not sure why this isn't getting more recognition.  

i admit, the trend of the season has been to over-do these features in that time range, but fact remains ...it's a climo-friendly solution, pretty much through early June, that is so  - ( just in case)  no one should be ignoring that.  

i'm not sold on a warm balmy period Sunday through mid-next week until that feature is atoned for closer to the boundary of the middle and late short ranges - ... Friday's modeling I suppose.  if we want to argue that a cruddy solution in that thickness medium is perhaps not as bad as that deal we suffered last week, sure - but that's not a crack for spin-artist to wedge their perceptions into in saying that, either.  

the 'spirit' of the warm nuts seeking 84 with searing azure and hornets the size of helicopters may feel a tad jilted in that.

as is... 4 maybe 5 of the 12 GEFs members i saw have enough depression in the mid levels along/astride the MA to induce ceiling and maybe precipitation issues as far N as SNE as of last night.  just sayn'

New Euro Weeklies in. Nothing really screaming sustained warmth. Think we'll just be dodging back/forth either side of avg well into June

https://twitter.com/ericfisher/status/732345262207799296

the GEFs in total don't really look that far from seasonal in my opinion, either.  ... course, things can change and of course, will ... but just sayn' as of right this moment, those in wait of a true ac weather are still standing in line.

??? The Ens backed way off from 12z yesterday. Other than a few showers Sat nite it looks like mostly a miss south with a nice weekend sandwiched in between a few drops Sat nite

A couple months ago and I'm sure you'd be onboard for a "South of the Pike" event, lol.

Archived