joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
disMay Pattern Disco

CoastalWx

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-4.5 on the month at MVL with numerous below freezing mornings and two days with snow in the air haha.

Somewhere DIT is throwing his laptop against the wall.

meanwhile ... NASA just released their monthly global climate findings and the world is in a relative inferno during that same time. 

Somewhere DIT feels picked on ;)

Lest we forget ... this oddly persistent negative in the longer term means, spanning SE/E Canada and the NE U.S. is hugely enabling a false perception on the state of the world ... - we could certainly have been broiling along with the rest of it, and by proximity to the Eart vs us, spectacular perfectly targeting ...  ha!

meanwhile ... NASA just released their monthly global climate findings and the world is in a relative inferno during that same time. 

Somewhere DIT feels picked on ;)

Lest we forget ... this oddly persistent negative in the longer term means, spanning SE/E Canada and the NE U.S. is hugely enabling a false perception on the state of the world ... - we could certainly have been broiling along with the rest of it, and by proximity to the Eart vs us, spectacular perfectly targeting ...  ha!

We went through our "boiling vs the rest of the world" period basically from mid 2011-2013. In that two year stretch we averaged about 1.5C higher than the '81-'10 baseline which would be about 5-6 times higher than you'd expect based on the underlying AGW trend.

We went through our "boiling vs the rest of the world" period basically from mid 2011-2013. In that two year stretch we averaged about 1.5C higher than the '81-'10 baseline which would be about 5-6 times higher than you'd expect based on the underlying AGW trend.

The map I saw was based on the 1951-1980 averages which are cooler than the '81-'10 averages.  Not sure why that period was picked rather than the more recent period.

The map I saw was based on the 1951-1980 averages which are cooler than the '81-'10 averages.  Not sure why that period was picked rather than the more recent period.

GISS always uses '51-'80 to keep everything homogenous...since it was started in 1981 I think.

But regardless, my post above still stands in that it's totally normal for us to have periods above the trend line and below it. It was our turn recently for one below it....esp in El Nino this is not uncommon. SE Canada temps have an inverse correlation to ENSO.

In a Super El Nino like this year, it is even more pronounced when there are pockets of cooler anomalies since the warmth dominates the northern hemisphere even more.

oh certainly ... 

chalk it up to we're getting lucky i suppose... 

somehow though, i just get the feeling winter's going to be bad (or good depending on one's point of view...) this year and it's going to keep right on going.   and, i wonder if the typical post NINO hot summer flash fails too - 

interesting

heh, just the same...

I bet if we took the cool periods and compared them to the warm periods, the warm ones would tend to be larger in SD than the cool ones...

Otherwise, our neck of the woods truly would be disconnected from the global warming signal ;)

Saturday night would be ugly. GFS Bufkit soundings aren't terrible under the upper low. Mostly light northerly winds and showers around. I can live with that. Not sure my sister can though.

Get the bad weather out of the way for her wedding - save the good stuff for your own!

Get the bad weather out of the way for her wedding - save the good stuff for your own!

Maybe I'll float that idea her way after a few champagne toasts!

At least since my vacation the crappy patterns are delivering temps in the 50s and 60s up here instead of 40s.

lol...That's what Eastern New England, early Spring dreams are made of.  But wait, it's not early Spring by then.  

frankly it's getting eerie seeing these models ...seemingly engineer reasons to pull this crap.  their own teleconncectors offer plenty of latitude to at last correct the flow yet they resist...  just when the Euro finally rids of it, ...finds a way to drill in the most powerful BD front ever recorded that extended...  the mechanics fore creating that are half way to England the front's going through Dallas it seems :axe:

...heh... maybe we won't get any summer at all. 

'course ... as a matter of convenience to their evil plot to maintain New England as the only counter-balancing cool anomaly world over ... the tele's now completely destroy June and argue snow should fall with that spread...  

good luck with summer in a +3 PNA and a -3 NAO tandem - that's gonna be a neat trick.  

i guess we always got the EPS ha!

frankly it's getting eerie seeing these models ...seemingly engineer reasons to pull this crap.  their own teleconncectors offer plenty of latitude to at last correct the flow yet they resist...  just when the Euro finally rids of it, ...finds a way to drill in the most powerful BD front ever recorded that extended...  the mechanics fore creating that are half way to England the front's going through Dallas it seems :axe:

...heh... maybe we won't get any summer at all. 

That is not possible...People in parts of CT installed a.c. last month.  

I don't like the 2009 look for June. Not one bit with the strong blocking. Is it a real long time before severe? HATING that backdoor cold front from hell for Memorial Day weekend being progged. 50's and drizzle all weekend. Enough with that word "install". More like we should never have installed this year.

Archived