Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
disMay Pattern Disco

CoastalWx

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder when and if folks will install soon..or just wait until the heat is already here? It makes for an interesting case study

Why not just put them in March and April? Or heck leave 'em in all winter long, makes it easier because then you don't have to worry about it.

Why not just put them in March and April? Or heck leave 'em in all winter long, makes it easier because then you don't have to worry about it.

I really wish I had taken Kevin's advice and installed back in April.

It would have felt nice to filter that 34F air into the room from outside all night.

Now I may have to do something drastic and wait until MOS is predicting a hot day and install 24 hours before the heat. That would be disastrous.

It would have felt nice to filter that 34F air into the room from outside all night.

Now I may have to do something drastic and wait until MOS is predicting a hot day and install 24 hours before the heat. That would be disastrous.

Maybe, just maybe mid to late June I will bother with putting it in at this point.  I have never installed earlier than June, and my house is an inferno quicker than most.

can we stop with this ?  

hahaha - he'll never get it.  you can't penetrate that mind with logic, let alone ...ridicule and humor and embarrassment.  

anyway, yeah Scott... there's preludes to a heat wave on the charts (one just needs to swipe away the flotsam in the runs to sort of clear away to see the pith of that hint) toward the end of the month. 

however, we should get a late cold snap in the middle range period, first, one that could very well bring along another late frost threat. there is very well temporal link going on between the erstwhile -EPO and a spike in the N/A pattern, and that sort of relay in January is a single digit blue oyster shot... Not so sure in mid May when the wave lengths are shrinking, so there is that caveat. but seeing as most guidance shows a toppling west Canadian ridge node and down stream cold height /SPV pulse into south-SE Canada, that's actually an agreeable pattern result of all this.  

We'll see how strong the cool shot is... 

after that, it's up in the air (pun absolutely intended..) as to what kind of heat we're talking about.  the tele's have more of a relaxing all fields in the GEFs camp.  Haven't seen the EPS... you guys would know there.  But the GEFs have more of a typical early summer warm departure type of appeal there, which wouldn't be crazy heat ... just a summer shot toward the end of the month.  things can certainly change, of course - 

can we stop with this ?

hahaha - he'll never get it. you can't penetrate that mind with logic, let alone ...ridicule and humor and embarrassment.

anyway, yeah Scott... there's preludes to a heat wave on the charts (one just needs to swipe away the flotsam in the runs to sort of clear away to see the pith of that hint) toward the end of the month.

however, we should get a late cold snap in the middle range period, first, one that could very well bring along another late frost threat. there is very well temporal link going on between the erstwhile -EPO and a spike in the N/A pattern, and that sort of relay in January is a single digit blue oyster shot... Not so sure in mid May when the wave lengths are shrinking, so there is that caveat. but seeing as most guidance shows a toppling west Canadian ridge node and down stream cold height /SPV pulse into south-SE Canada, that's actually an agreeable pattern result of all this.

We'll see how strong the cool shot is...

after that, it's up in the air (pun absolutely intended..) as to what kind of heat we're talking about. the tele's have more of a relaxing all fields in the GEFs camp. Haven't seen the EPS... you guys would know there. But the GEFs have more of a typical early summer warm departure type of appeal there, which wouldn't be crazy heat ... just a summer shot toward the end of the month. things can certainly change, of course -

Oh by warm frontal, i meant front stalled to our south. I can't let Kevin have too much fun. :lol:

Maybe, just maybe mid to late June I will bother with putting it in at this point.  I have never installed earlier than June, and my house is an inferno quicker than most.

Same here.  With cool mornings there's no reason why you can't keep a house cool all day.  My house bakes in the sun from the south side and by June the CDD's start adding up and you need something to offset that. 

Meanwhile, if I can keep my high below 77 I have a shot at another below normal day after this morning's low of 33.

huh - who's complaining about the weather today?

i think you are confusing the "lack of news headlines" as no news at all...  days like today don't require much analysis - they just are.   no one really tunes in for the news if all the news is going to say is, 'today, nothing happened'

if it were 90+ today, I'm sure we'd start getting posts about it. 

huh - who's complaining about the weather today?

i think you are confusing the "lack of news headlines" as no news at all... days like today don't require much analysis - they just are. no one really tunes in for the news if all the news is going to say is, 'today, nothing happened'

if it were 90+ today, I'm sure we'd start getting posts about it.

No, there's several posters here who loved last week and prefer it over this well above regime the next 3 days. I was just asking why they would prefer last week over this

No, there's several posters here who loved last week and prefer it over this well above regime the next 3 days. I was just asking why they would prefer last week over this

i'm sure there are personal druthers out there that actually like 47 F dank gray overcast and occasional misery drizzle over days like to day, but I don't honestly recall anyone admitting that in black and white typing.

i think your reading in and assessing that ...x,y,z poster really feels that way, based upon your own interpretation.  And THAT is what scares everyone on this board - Kevin's interpreting anything... 

as to "well above" - ..heh, lets wait and see how night time lows off set.  remember: the average are the dialy means, and it was pretty dern chilly still in the country side last night. and we are still going to be basically in the same rotted air mass tonight. they'll probably stay up more - just saying to be sure ...

Archived