joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Moderate Snow Potential 4/4

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is funny--no dedicated obs thread, only a few pages of discussion.  And, this is likely to be the biggest storm of the season out here.  As Chris said, 4.1" will do it.

I think yesterday's inch (I think that's what we wound up with) put me over the foot market on the season.

I was up in your hood yesterday morning and you were definitely closer to 2" or more. I have close to 17" before today so maybe you missed a few nuisance snows in your total?

Anyway, light to moderate snow here. .5" everything covered.

Most schools in Franklin Co. are closed. Cold 25F.

I think the rain/snow line dances and prances not to far from here. Maybe it gets to HFD?

As it is particularly relevant for me, I've been watching it pretty closely. The guidance that had it further south in CT has caved to the guidance that gets it at least past my hood. The HRRR gets it up past you for a time even, just a couple miles from the border.

So I like your area for the "dance" scoot mentioned.

As it is particularly relevant for me, I've been watching it pretty closely. The guidance that had it further south in CT has caved to the guidance that gets it at least past my hood. The HRRR gets it up past you for a time even, just a couple miles from the border.

So I like your area for the "dance" scoot mentioned.

I don't know. I'd be kind of surprised if it gets much past HFD . Maybe even stays over the southern 4 counties?

I don't know. I'd be kind of surprised if it gets much past HFD . Maybe even stays over the southern 4 counties?

Same deal as always, exact ptype line will be a nowcast. NAM/HRRR are about 30 miles north of RGEM/GFS. Not sure about Euro?

SN- with a dusting, roads are just wet around my neighborhood but what I can see out my window is pretty highly trafficked so that's not a surprise. Hopefully the little band approaching ORH will hold and that will put down a little base for future lighter snow to accumulate on, but for now it seems as if we're stuck in the middle yet again.

Archived