joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Moderate Snow Potential 4/4

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has been pouring snow in Boston (about a block from South Station) since about 815AM.  

It is impressive to see sticking on sidewalks when you consider that it is April 4. No sign of the sun given the time of the year.  That might be more impressive.

It has been pouring snow in Boston (about a block from South Station) since about 815AM.  

It is impressive to see sticking on sidewalks when you consider that it is April 4. No sign of the sun given the time of the year.  That might be more impressive.

April 8 1982.  Blizzard Warnings for Boston.  Got 12" with temps in the low 20's all day with snow and blowing snow.  I think Logan got down to 17F that night.  So this is impressive but not near historical.

Definite lull here.

I don't expect more than  2".

Not complaining....is what it is.

When one gives up their investment in hopes of their backyard getting bullseyed, they see the truth of how little snow they shall receive. That should be a proverb of some kind. We can add some giveths and hopeths in there. Wishcasts just never pan out. 

Road stickage at the seaport in Boston...a solid inch plus:

Was just there!

Yeah really impressive this morning, definitely more efficient accumulation than Sunday, but that will get harder with lower rates...

This would've been a different beast overnight

post-3106-14597786077.jpg

When one gives up their investment in hopes of their backyard getting bullseyed, they see the truth of how little snow they shall receive. That should be a proverb of some kind. We can add some giveths and hopeths in there. Wishcasts just never pan out. 

Well, I only went with 2-4", but that may be a tad high.

First nw, then se of this area.....at least the Sox are playing.

Was just there!

Yeah really impressive this morning, definitely more efficient accumulation than Sunday, but that will get harder with lower rates...

This would've been a different beast overnight

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1459778607.060248.jpg

Yeah I bet the timing of this event probably cuts the potential by about 30-50% in accumulations...if it was a storm with intense snowfall rates, then it wouldn't matter as much, but this drawn out overrunning type event is definitely hurt by the fact that it occurs mostly in the day.

We'd probably be talking about very little accumulation at all in the lower elevations if this airmass wasn't so anomalous...if it was more of a 33-34F type snow.

Some of the guidance has a decent band for near Boston down into the south shore and RI/CT near sundown tonight and that could get pretty nasty on the roads if that pans out. Temps falling into the 20s and losing the April sun angle.

Well, I only went with 2-4", but that may be a tad high.

Same here. Prob be on the low end of that. I'm gun shy from yesterday since I forecast 2-4 and we got trace essentially. At least temps weren't in the mid 40's right before the snow like yesterday though. 

Clouds must be thinner down there.  Nothing is even close to melting up this way.  Looks like an arctic squall here with the snow blowing off the road with every car.  

This feels weird.

There may be some residual salt remaining on the lot too...not sure. There's definitely been better echoes north of here from my house to yours.

There may be some residual salt remaining on the lot too...not sure. There's definitely been better echoes north of here from my house to yours.

nothing spectacular here, very light snow, 1/2 inch, crappy snow growth....although the radar looks promising to our west but been there done that.

Archived