joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Moderate Snow Potential 4/4

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coming down pretty good in Boston again after a lull over the last hour.

Yeah I just lost view of the control tower at Logan which is about 2 miles from my window....vis probably around 1 mile now and dropping.

It will be interesting to see if Boston can stay below 30°. 30° is the daily record low maximum temperature, which was set way back in 1879.

The irony..the warmest winter on record that has featured such a dearth of snow, also had the coldest air mass in 60 years, as well as some of the harshest April weather on record.

If that isn't a paradox, I'm not sure what it is.

Nice storm up here!  Approaching an inch.   18F with about 3/4 in light snow.  Pretty pathetic to be excited about a 1" snowfall but when you live in a place that averages 85" per year and have not even had a 6" storm this winter this is big stuff!  Definitely going to be an over performer if I could get up to a crazy 2" amount. 

Mine and my daughters schools were on time this morning and the roads were a disaster.  Most were untreated.  They were probably our of salt after this epic winter.  I missed side swiping a guard rail at 25 mph by inches.  I can't believe we are holding in the low 20's here.  1/4 mile visibility right now.  Whoop!

The irony..the warmest winter on record that has featured such a dearth of snow, also had the coldest air mass in 60 years, as well as some of the harshest April weather on record.

If that isn't a paradox, I'm not sure what it is.

It has been quite remarkable. Good luck with today's event.

Archived