• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Moderate Snow Potential 4/4

ORH_wxman

Idk where the snow rates are in BOS people were talking about earlier. Still garbage here. Rimed flakes too.

Yeah Jay had much better snowgrowth this morning

The skew-t I posted above from 16z shows some warming ~925-800

Getting decent rates right now, but just tiny grains in Fenway

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HRRR now showing 8-10 for southern Coast? This shall be interesting. They'll certainly be seeing the QPF they need, and temps are below freezing, but man, that's a big change in plans for down that way. And now my maps gonna be wrong for that area. Meh. 

HRRR now showing 8-10 for southern Coast? This shall be interesting. They'll certainly be seeing the QPF they need, and temps are below freezing, but man, that's a big change in plans for down that way. And now my maps gonna be wrong for that area. Meh.

crazy temps here I could see how it happens. Playing naked twister with the snow/rain line someone is going to get smoked.

There's always some surprises in these overrunning systems...hard to pin them down perfectly. That area has always been a wildcard playing with fire on the ML warming. I remember I had a very good overall winter forecasting in '07-'08 during all those overrunning events and still had plenty of misses. They happen. I always told my clients if they complained about a bust..."it won't be the last time either". Lol.

Street is snow covered here at the seaport...pretty close to Summer St bridge.

I went out for coffee two hours ago, similar rates and echos here, sat down on the couch and didn't look like much had changed. Got up and checked the front window and was surprised.

Usually a big diff from the deck to street in early and late season events, naturally.

I had to drive up my hill to 725 feet to get down to Rt 6. Roads were completely covered. Looks like they had 5-6 yesterday. Trees looked awesome. This is incredible.

I'm impressed with the temperatures.  My lowest maximum temperature for April since I started keeping records in 1985 is 30° and I'm sitting at 23° now. 

Light to moderate snow again after the pause...had 1.2" this morning.  Let's see what we can add this afternoon.

Reports of lots of accidents around Greenfield and adjacent hill towns. Wife said downtown is messy and unplowed.

They salted this morning but with these rates and temps that's not really gonna' do it.

Same in Amherst/Hadley/Btown. Not a big stretch to call it the most impactful event of the year. School closings appear to have been the right call IMO, plus they had some to burn.

Archived