• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Moderate Snow Potential 4/4

ORH_wxman

Thinking somethin along these lines. Even though HRRR is very good usually, I'm hesitant to put as a large a 4-6in area as they have because of today's melting, even though it'll prob be less of an issue tomorrow. Highest QPF well south of Pike, and models trending even less than originally progged north of the Pike. MA/NH border might get pretty screwed again. Looks like a heavy band develops along MA/RI border during the middle of the event and it's kind of a question of how much warmer temps/rain line will influence QPF for SE NE. I'm not sure if the Narraganset Dry Slot will occur because this isn't a coastal storm really. I think RI will have more of just the warmer temps to deal with instead of lack of QPF, according to HIRES models. post-6270-0-54709700-1459746191_thumb.jp

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surprised to wake up to this:

Today
Snow. Total snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches. Cold with highs in the upper 20s. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph... Becoming northeast this afternoon. Chance of snow 90 percent.
Tonight
Mostly cloudy with a chance of snow in the evening... Then partly cloudy after midnight. Cold with lows around 13. North winds 5 to 10 mph. Gusts up to 20 mph after midnight. Chance of snow 30 percent.

btw...not to ruin modfan's fun, but I figured we could keep the obs in this thread as well. It's not even 10 pages yet and we have quite a few threads pinned already.

It is funny--no dedicated obs thread, only a few pages of discussion.  And, this is likely to be the biggest storm of the season out here.  As Chris said, 4.1" will do it.

I think yesterday's inch (I think that's what we wound up with) put me over the foot market on the season.

It is funny--no dedicated obs thread, only a few pages of discussion. And, this is likely to be the biggest storm of the season out here. As Chris said, 4.1" will do it.

I think yesterday's inch (I think that's what we wound up with) put me over the foot market on the season.

I opened an OBS Thread, not sure I did it right.

Pretty consistent lingering snow into tonight now in eastern areas on the mesos and even globals now. Also, a big shift from the last day or 2 is to shift the best stuff to this afternoon particularly north of the ct/ma border. Pretty consistent prog of about 4 inches imby.

Archived