joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter

Rjay

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm at 10 nights 32F or below for April (same as March now). I'm interested to see how many nights I can get <32F. I had 5 consecutive nights of frost/freeze this week.

You might be able to add a few more...the 18z GFS was even colder. Looks like a huge -NAO block developing. I wonder if I can see snow again here at 1560' in the northern Poconos. This weekend's arctic front looks close.

Of course it will be harder for people in more urban areas, and more southern areas like NJ, to hit 32F. This is getting into late April, and their last average frost date has passed. However, I've seen frost in Dobbs Ferry as late as 5/10/2010 so a couple freezes in late April wouldn't be too abnormal.

Remember when we thought we were going to see an extremely wet spring?

A rare dry nino-I think December was really the only wet month

i actually want yanksfan unbanned so i can see his misery 

I hear he's back in June-by then the tumbleweeds will be blowing in the dry hot winds

You might be able to add a few more...the 18z GFS was even colder. Looks like a huge -NAO block developing. I wonder if I can see snow again here at 1560' in the northern Poconos. This weekend's arctic front looks close.

Of course it will be harder for people in more urban areas, and more southern areas like NJ, to hit 32F. This is getting into late April, and their last average frost date has passed. However, I've seen frost in Dobbs Ferry as late as 5/10/2010 so a couple freezes in late April wouldn't be too abnormal.

Yeah, my first/last 32F averages around Oct 18-20 and Apr 18-20 respectively, so right around now. I recall lows in the 30-35 range well into mid May too, though uncommon. Beyond this week, it will become increasingly difficult to achieve any more freezes. The Euro doesn't appear as bullish. Typically we need 0c 850's to get frost. Looks potentially close.

Archived