joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter

Rjay

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the real positive with our project , we have a rail line that cuts right through the property.

We will build a spur and container car it out so we lessen truck traffic.

If you ride up and down 23 in Sussex County all those 25 ton tri axles are loaded with material.

that is positive. Actually an F'ing huge benefit.

Any work you need to do on your end with the rail line.

Assumption is that both parties want the business.

Interested in learning about you business plan.

that is positive. Actually an F'ing huge benefit.

Any work you need to do on your end with the rail line.

Assumption is that both parties want the business.

Interested in learning about you business plan.

I definitely will keep you up , PM me with any questions.

Like I said , it's a good plan, we did our homework but the final say is not in our hands .

It will take 8 months at min to see if they love the idea.

But Yeh the rail really helps mitigate the traffic argument.

Lotta bears up there man, you have to be careful when you head out hiking.

Yeah, it's still less crowded out here than the bumper to bumper traffic that I used to regularly get stuck in

in Nassau west of the Meadowbrook. But it's one of the fastest growing counties in NY State during the

2000's.

Same thing here. Definitely less crowded than the towns south or east of me, but the development is getting noticeable for sure.

Same here...SI had a lot of farmland when I was growing up in the 60's and 70's.

Never knew that actually. I always pictured Staten Island as being very developed.

Same thing here. Definitely less crowded than the towns south or east of me, but the development is getting noticeable for sure.

Never knew that actually. I always pictured Staten Island as being very developed.

Development skyrocketed in 1964 when the Bridge to Brooklyn was built...as late a the 1970's there was still many tracks of undeveloped land...

Dude you live just off  the one of the biggest traffic areas in the world. Rt 287

Silly to speculate about the past!

In 100 years - it will be NYC.

Dude you live just off the one of the biggest traffic areas in the world. Rt 287

Silly to speculate about the past!

In 100 years - it will be NYC.

Well, I wouldn't call it speculating, just reminiscing of the quieter times lol. I mean, I'm not surprised we got industrialized at all, it was bound to happen in such a populated area. The nice thing is that I live a ways off 23 and up a decently big hill, so at least I'm above and back from the heavy traffic.

Development skyrocketed in 1964 when the Bridge to Brooklyn was built...as late a the 1970's there was still many tracks of undeveloped land...

I was looking at some old pictures of Staten Island from the 1950s 1960s and even the 1970s. Amazing how the land has changed there.

Good luck to your business oppurtunity PB, Sussex county is the home of Franklinite. Animal, Sterling Mint is the mine with tours if I remember my childhood accurately.

Check out Augusta/Hampton Township. Retains a rural character but there are some newer developments. I think Toll Brothers has a three phase site near the Fairgrounds. The real negative to living in Sussex is Route 15/80 or Route 23, in the rush hours. If you can avoid them you are golden.

Good luck to your business oppurtunity PB, Sussex county is the home of Franklinite. Animal, Sterling Mint is the mine with tours if I remember my childhood accurately.

Check out Augusta/Hampton Township. Retains a rural character but there are some newer developments. I think Toll Brothers has a three phase site near the Fairgrounds. The real negative to living in Sussex is Route 15/80 or Route 23, in the rush hours. If you can avoid them you are golden.

Thanks man. Rugh the now it would GSP/287 /80/ 15/ 94/23.

Can't do that in inclement weather.

I appreciate the feedback there are a few here who know the area really well so I thought I would ask .

Archived