joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter

Rjay

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4-8" of rain expected here with locally 8-12" according to the NWS. We're also under a slight risk for severe currently. This would be Yanksfan's dream storm. 

Flash Flood Alley might live up to its name here in central TX late tomorrow and Monday. 

TX/OK-NYC Metro rainfall dipole FTW. Been the same pattern over the past year.

TX/OK-NYC Metro rainfall dipole FTW. Been the same pattern over the past year.

attachicon.gif12mPDeptUS.png

El Nino certainly helped tip the scales back to floods down here. Also, it's been blocky patterns like these which set the same places up to get drenched for days. 

Just starting to get heavy showers where I am now-it's expected to get much worse later today and then again late tomorrow. 

Eventually the scale will tip back the other way again and we will flood.

Yep..at some point in the future..

El Nino certainly helped tip the scales back to floods down here. Also, it's been blocky patterns like these which set the same places up to get drenched for days. 

Just starting to get heavy showers where I am now-it's expected to get much worse later today and then again late tomorrow. 

500 mb patterns getting stuck in place for extended periods of time have been one of the prime features of the 2000's.

An amazing 73.50" of precip here in 2011, including 21.50" in August and over 25" during the 30 day period from around 8/6 thru 9/6.

The greatest deluge that I ever experienced was 8/14/11 when Long Beach got over 10 inches of rain in a short time.

It was the first time that the flooding was so bad from rainfall that it was hard to get off the barrier island.

Yep..at some point in the future..

500 mb patterns getting stuck in place for extended periods of time have been one of the prime features of the 2000's.

The greatest deluge that I ever experienced was 8/14/11 when Long Beach got over 10 inches of rain in a short time.

It was the first time that the flooding was so bad from rainfall that it was hard to get off the barrier island.

I don't think it's debatable that the earth's climate is warming and changing overall. The part about whether it's natural or there are man made influences is however. Really since 1997 on, we have seen some very extreme events be it heat, cold, enso's, sea ice, snowcover, storms and oceanic decadal changes...

Here's a video I took during the Red Bulls game in Denver last night. The snow was pushing at that point. By the end of the game, I'd estimate there was about 2 inches on the field, and about 7 inches on the sidelines where the field was left unshoveled.

I don't think it's debatable that the earth's climate is warming and changing overall. The part about whether it's natural or there are man made influences is however. Really since 1997 on, we have seen some very extreme events be it heat, cold, enso's, sea ice, snowcover, storms and oceanic decadal changes...

Yeah, these stalled atmospheric waves have been a significant part of our 2000's weather patterns.

It might be nice during the day, bit the 12z GFS shows more frost/freeze potential in the suburbs this weekend. 850s are -5C with a big high overhead.

I'm at 10 nights 32F or below for April (same as March now). I'm interested to see how many nights I can get <32F. I had 5 consecutive nights of frost/freeze this week.

I'm at 10 nights 32F or below for April (same as March now). I'm interested to see how many nights I can get <32F. I had 5 consecutive nights of frost/freeze this week.

I think 32° or below is going to be tough from here on out. From Tuesday night to Saturday night I had all 38° or below temps, with two Freeze warnings and two Frost advisories (Friday night didn't have any advisories, but it was still 37°).

Archived