• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter

Rjay

I remember those growing up in PA-they would strip some trees of leaves completely. I have never seen one up here in CT-guess we are just a little too far north?

Not at all!!!! There was a discussion about them in the NE forum a while ago. Apparently years ago they desimated MA and NH. So bad that they even ate the white pine needles when they ran out of leaves

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not at all!!!! There was a discussion about them in the NE forum a while ago. Apparently years ago they desimated MA and NH. So bad that they even ate the white pine needles when they ran out of leaves

Interesting.   For some reason they are just not around this area. I would recognize those tents instantly...my neighbor in PA used to torch them and you'd see all the caterpillers falling out.

Interesting. For some reason they are just not around this area. I would recognize those tents instantly...my neighbor in PA used to torch them and you'd see all the caterpillers falling out.

Hahahaha that's classic my dad did that growing up. We had a crab apple in front of the house that would get them almost every year. I used to love watching him burn them in the street. Nothing like killing some invasive species!!!

Miami Beach was one of my favorite vacation spots during the winter. The views from the plane

of the coral reef shallows over the Bahamas was amazing. Those are some of the most

gorgeous shades of ocean blues on the planet.

i didn't have a window seat and the guy next to me kept the window shut the whole time :(

ISSUE UNRELATED TO THE WEATHER

Anyone happen to be having difficulty with their GPS equipment during last 30 mins or so?  Would anyone like to try theirs now and report back?    Neither smartphone or my GPS is able to display position.    4 satellites or more are showing up but no position is being displayed.  Worked earlier this evening.  Thanks.

http://www.gps.gov/support/user/   

Did not help in figuring out what's up.  Atmospherics?  Solar Flares?

This one says no problem now:

http://adn.agi.com/SatelliteOutageCalendar/SOFCalendar.aspx

Archived