joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter

Rjay

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome shot Bluewave. This reminds of Spring Peepers, those little Chorus Frogs that sing away at night in the woods. Usually I have a lot of them by me, but this year there's only one Peeper that sings by himself all night. Hopefully more show up soon.

Awesome shot Bluewave. This reminds of Spring Peepers, those little Chorus Frogs that sing away at night in the trees. Usually I have a lot of them by me, but this year there's only one Peeper that sings by himself all night. Hopefully more show up soon.

Thanks. There seem to be more peepers along the ponds when I visit friends in CT than here so far.

The spring bird migration seems to be picking up this week.

i've seen lots of warblers during the past few weeks

My favorite place to go is around the Coast Guard Station at the Jones Beach West End. One May back

in the 90's there was a fallout with a dense morning fog. Just about every pine tree was full of warblers.

Thanks. There seem to be more peepers along the ponds when I visit friends in CT than here so far.

The spring bird migration seems to be picking up this week.

Yeah, it's true. Seems like there are less of them down here. I have to say, the woods nearby really don't have many pondy areas, so that could be keeping them away.  The Peepers are usually in much higher concentration up the street where there is more water.  Haven't heard any Katydids yet either.

Hi All,

I am conducting a survey on the AmericanWX site as part of a graduate student research project at UMBC.   All submissions will remain anonymous, individuals will not be identified, and the data and results will only be used for this class paper (the results will not be published).

The survey should only take 10 minutes, and will be open until Saturday, May 14 at 12 noon EST.  

The first ten (10) people to respond will receive a $5 Amazon gift card within 24 hours of submission.

To participate, please visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FYG7PQD.

Thanks!

Kevin

tdp146, on 13 May 2016 - 4:27 PM, said:

Found this Robins nest in a shrub in front of my house. I was cleaning up and didn't even notice the nest until I was about 10 inches away from it. Bird flew out. I think we both nearly had heart attacks.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

They like to build nests on my security lights on the house...had one last spring that hatched two sets of eggs so had to disconnect that light for like a month and a half while mama bird used it.

They like to build nests on my security lights on the house...had one last spring that hatched two sets of eggs so had to disconnect that light for like a month and a half while mama bird used it.

The monk parrots have built huge nests between the power transformers around here. Some of the loudest birds

that I ever heard around Long Island.

The monk parrots have built huge nests between the power transformers around here. Some of the loudest birds

that I ever heard around Long Island.

Their I my neighborhood too. And they especially like my house because we have one of the biggest trees on the south shore. There actually annoying despite being cool to look at. Any idea what the do for the winter?

Their I my neighborhood too. And they especially like my house because we have one of the biggest trees on the south shore. There actually annoying despite being cool to look at. Any idea what the do for the winter?

They stay here for the winters since they have adapted to the cold. People report that they

come to their backyard feeders for extra winter food.

https://wildparrotsny.wordpress.com/

Euro seasonal looks like the last two summers in the Atlantic with less CV deep tropical activity

and more development off the SE Coast. The only question is will it be OTS like Joaquin and

Gonzalo or more of a landfall threat like we often see in La Nina years?

Guest Pamela

Perhaps you are like Milton in Office Space...who was fired...but through some glitch in payroll continues to receive a paycheck.  But they fixed the glitch...

So Milton has been let go?

Whoa there Professor...we fixed the glitch...so things will just work themselves out naturally...we always feel it is best to fire people on a Friday...reduces confrontation...statistical studies show.

Guest Pamela

The difficulties in your life will not be personal. The source of any unpleasantness will be the result of what you witness.

You, Pamela are and will always be the Muse. On the surface you will be our Nicklaus but in the end and often too late we will see you,as Hoffman did. The Muse/Goddess of poetry.

Thank you for writing RC.  The breadth of your knowledge on matters of culture and art is astonishing...you should post with much greater frequency; if you have the time.

Guest Pamela

I've pocket flagged (like pocket dialing) people as spammers before. You have been flagged but it wasn't me and I'm sure it was an accident.

There are no accidents...

___Freud

Guest Pamela

I outrank rjay. That makes me the important moderator. I even put that on my business card. And my resume.

What is the word for that?  Antinomy?

Archived