joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter

Rjay

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SPC has central TX with an enhanced risk tomorrow, with a good sized hatched area for significant hail/wind. Our NWS has almost all of its CWA with a high flood/hail/wind threat. Models look good for a pretty explosive area of convective development tomorrow afternoon that should turn into an intense MCS at some point. 

It seems like we always miss spring and go right to summer. When I was in college in Maryland there were plenty of sunny 70s in April and May

It's true. What happened to consistent 70s/low 80s and sun during the Spring? It's not much to ask for condidering we're in mid May.

It seems like we always miss spring and go right to summer. When I was in college in Maryland there were plenty of sunny 70s in April and May

This is our first real clunker in a few years, going back to 11-12 we've had some nice springs with limited back door garbage.   This year was overdue.   Agre on the mid-Atlantic-it warms up and just stays warm once past April 1st for the most part. 

This is our first real clunker in a few years, going back to 11-12 we've had some nice springs with limited back door garbage.   This year was overdue.   Agre on the mid-Atlantic-it warms up and just stays warm once past April 1st for the most part. 

Its funny because last year with the late cold winter and cold ocean temps, I was expecting a slow spring and plenty of back doors but we got the exact opposite.  This year I would have expected a quick start to spring/summer, and yet again, got the opposite. 

Im faring fine...I have been through worse springs...many rainy and cloudier...so never set expectations for nice springs since they are rare

This is the 3rd coldest May ever right now, so you have not seen much worse so far.

Archived