Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter

Rjay

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol. Unless he was around for the coldest and second coldest

Ive only had one full day off in May with a few half days due to rain..one full day in April off...thats less than usual for me...we had two weeks of complete sunshine in April which cancels out the cool and clouds in my book

Is it the nicest spring..no never said it was but spring really isnt about sun and warmth..thats my whole point

Guest Pamela

Ive only had one full day off in May with a few half days due to rain..one full day in April off...thats less than usual for me...we had two weeks of complete sunshine in April which cancels out the cool and clouds in my book

Is it the nicest spring..no never said it was but spring really isnt about sun and warmth..thats my whole point

"Who studieth now but faire fresshe May?"

____Chaucer

"Who studieth now but faire fresshe May?"

____Chaucer

May was full of promises but she couldn't keep them fast enough for some so a bunch of doubting Thomas's are predicting that the Summer will never come .... Rodgers and Hammerstein (with a round of applause for Julie and Carrie)

Guest Pamela

May was full of promises but she couldn't keep them fast enough for some so a bunch of doubting Thomas's are predicting that the Summer will never come .... Rodgers and Hammerstein (with a round of applause for Julie and Carrie)

All those R&H musicals from the 1950's - 60's were sheer delights...even though the same themes were recycled time & again and the female lead was almost always The Partridge Family  Mom...

It is strange how I always remember State Fair  as State Farm...even though I have but a limited familiarity with actuary science...

RECORD EVENT REPORT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MELBOURNE FL

345 AM EDT WED MAY 18 2016

...EXTREME RAINFALL RECORD AT VERO BEACH...

A RECORD RAINFALL AMOUNT OF 11.22 INCHES WAS SET AT VERO BEACH

YESTERDAY. THIS BROKE THE DAILY RECORD FOR MAY 17TH OF 1.38 SET IN

1945. THIS BROKE THE RECORD FOR THE WETTEST MAY DAY IN VERO BEACH

WHICH WAS PREVIOUSLY 5.50 INCHES ON MAY 9 1979.

THIS ALSO SET THE ALL-TIME DAILY RAINFALL RECORD FOR ANY DAY OF THE

YEAR WHICH WAS PREVIOUSLY 8.82 INCHES ON JANUARY 21 1957.

TUESDAYS HISTORIC RAINFALL TOTAL MADE MAY 2016 THE WETTEST MAY ON

RECORD IN VERO BEACH WITH A TOTAL SO FAR THIS MONTH OF 12.41 INCHES.

THIS HAS ALREADY BROKEN THE OLD ALL-TIME MONTHLY MAY RAINFALL RECORD

OF 12.06 INCHES SET BACK IN 1979.

VERO BEACH RECORDS DATE BACK TO 1942.

Guest Pamela

Shirley Jones in Oklahoma

I recall back on Sunday morning 3 April 1988 how I was listening to Oh What a Beautiful Morning...the day the Devils were at the Chicago Stadium and a win would put them in the playoffs for the first time ever...

There's a bright golden haze on the meadow...(symbolizing happiness for those who frequent The Meadowlands)

Hearing those lyrics on the old 33 phonograph told me categorically and unequivocally that all the forces on earth could not prevent a Devil victory later that evening...which was, of course, achieved through a John MacLean OT goal passed Darren Pang (obviously signifying a sharp pain in the gut of Ranger fans...who were eliminated from invitation to the tournament as a result of the Jersey triumph). 

And, of course, "Darren" is practically an anagram of "Ranger"....you would get "Rander"...

Guest Pamela

"What they didn't know was that the game after the 6th Game was the last one played under The Old Rules...and tomorrow never came."

___Gammons

Guest Pamela

I recall back on Sunday morning 3 April 1988 how I was listening to Oh What a Beautiful Morning...the day the Devils were at the Chicago Stadium and a win would put them in the playoffs for the first time ever...

There's a bright golden haze on the meadow...(symbolizing happiness for those who frequent The Meadowlands)

Hearing those lyrics on the old 33 phonograph told me categorically and unequivocally that all the forces on earth could not prevent a Devil victory later that evening...which was, of course, achieved through a John MacLean OT goal passed Darren Pang (obviously signifying a sharp pain in the gut of Ranger fans...who were eliminated from invitation to the tournament as a result of the Jersey triumph). 

And, of course, "Darren" is practically an anagram of "Ranger"....you would get "Rander"...

I drove through Chicago last week during my car trip to the Dakotas...the city has gotten *much* larger since Dillinger was gunned down at The Biograph...soooooooo many toll booths in Illinois...every other state that I went through had a ticket and you paid once...but not The Land of Lincoln.

New Egypt? Short track is something I've never warched in person, but always thought was cool being a fan of racing. I grew up going to Englishtown.

Ive never been to circle racing either. Will bring my son when hes a little older. Basically grew up at etown. My grandma has worked in office since '67. Love drag racing

Ive never been to circle racing either. Will bring my son when hes a little older. Basically grew up at etown. My grandma has worked in office since '67. Love drag racing

Awesome man! I was beginning to think I was the only gearhead on the board. Drag racing is really a fun thing for the whole family.

Had 2 carts with lemonade oreos and pretzels and had a food stand named FourBoys across from 2nd stage.. How bout the girls on saturday.. Basically naked

Lmao yeah it was fun there for sure until that gust front came thru. But yeah I saw them but wasn't too sure if it was one of your stands

I went to Orange County Speedway for racing for the first time last year, it's a short dirt track. Pretty cool but they need a bigger scoreboard to try to keep track of the race. Been to Pocono and Dover, much bigger scoreboards there, as you can imagine.

Why was 2000-01 or 2001-02 not sure which one it was such a sh-tty winter?

01-02 was the snowless winter. Had 8" in Dobbs Ferry off an average of 36". Multiple days in the 50s in January and February.

00-01 had two big storms: the Millenium Storm on 12/30/00, which had over 20" in parts of NJ and 12-16" region-wide, and the March 2001 "bust", which still brought over a foot to many of the suburbs. December was very cold that year, probably around -5F.

Archived