joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter

Rjay

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hype and mucho exaggeration. The models are showing a daytime white rain event, the surface low is unimpressive, precip rates are unimpressive and you will have boundary layer issues. This is not a snowstorm as depicted

it's white rain. marginal temps this time of year aren't going to cut it during the day

Agree generally,  but there will likely be a thin band of heavier snow under the best IVT band. Usually over LI or SNE, but models are persistent with setting it up over NYC today.

Upton

WILL NEED TO KEEP AN EYE ON SATURDAY AS LOW PRESSURE PASSES NEAR THE REGION. AS THE LOW MOVES EAST OF THE AREA...SOME MODELS DEVELOP THE LOW INTO A DEEPER COASTAL LOW. IF THIS OCCURS...THE AREA COULD SEE MORE IN THE WAY OF PRECIPITATION. THIS MAY RESULT IN WINTRY WEATHER DUE TO THE COLD AIRMASS ACROSS THE REGION. STILL TOO EARLY TO GET INTO SPECIFICS AS THE TRACK OF THE STORM REMAINS HIGHLY UNCERTAIN.

Not a lot of stuff has bloomed here, so I think the damage will be limited. Our Dogwoods haven't even bloomed yet, but normally they start very late anyway, like May. Thought the warmth would speed them up this year but I guess not.

Despite the cool down everything is greening up here and trees have buds or flowers. I think we'll be "leafed out" in 2 weeks

if NYC gets another cold wave this April with temperatures below 30 it would be the first time in 41 years that happened...April 1975 had a week of cold with six days freezing or below...1964 had two separate mornings in the upper 20's...you have to go back to 1950 for three cold outbreaks with temperatures in the 20's...

Despite the cool down everything is greening up here and trees have buds or flowers. I think we'll be "leafed out" in 2 weeks

Yeah same here in terms of greenery. I'm thinking the actual leaf out here will take slightly longer though. Usually takes until the beginning of May.

if NYC gets another cold wave this April with temperatures below 30 it would be the first time in 41 years that happened...April 1975 had a week of cold with six days freezing or below...1964 had two separate mornings in the upper 20's...you have to go back to 1950 for three cold outbreaks with temperatures in the 20's...

Models are close to record low territory for Sunday in NYC around 28 degrees. 

I also think that it would be the first 3 lows in the 20's during April following a

high of 79 degrees which we got on the 1st.

Archived