joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter

Rjay

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boston has 36.1" and NYC has 32.1" on the season. Crazy how Boston was almost 15" below us a month ago. I also find it amazing im 5 miles southeast of the park and I'm at 40 inches

Your 8 inch difference with the park is a testament to one thing, the incompetence in the Park is truly amazing, and it's consistency through the years is remarkable.

To be that incompetent year after year requires an enormous discipline.

Norfolk, CT with 5.0 inches of snow so far this April (through 7 AM Monday morning)...with more likely yesterday...clearly demonstrating the exceptional nature of the climate up there. 

After 12 months of well above normal temperatures in this area...the next 8 months (through December 2016) should be below normal.  Like everything else in the Universe...these things run in cycles.

So be it.

Good luck with that.  When was the last time NYC recorded 8 consecutive months of BN?

Guest Pamela

Norfolk, CT with 5.0 inches of snow so far this April (through 7 AM Monday morning)...with more likely yesterday...clearly demonstrating the exceptional nature of the climate up there. 

After 12 months of well above normal temperatures in this area...the next 8 months (through December 2016) should be below normal.  Like everything else in the Universe...these things run in cycles.

So be it.

2.8 inches more of snow in Norfolk, CT since my last dispatch..now 7.8" in the month of April there...as metaphorical equilibrium sets in.

Guest Pamela

When was the last time NYC recorded 8 consecutive months of BN?

I do not know; in all candor, the NWS climate pages seem a bit more difficult to navigate since the overhaul.

Good luck with that. 

With The Goddess...all things are possible...

*Smiles sweetly*

Guest Pamela

I'll bet that of those 8 months, 6 of them end up AN and 3 of them much AN

Perhaps you should acquaint yourself with Poe's "Toby" before making such a wager....

*Evil grin*

Perhaps you should acquaint yourself with Poe's "Toby" before making such a wager....

*Evil grin*

March 1992 through November 1992 (9 consecutive months).

Since January 2010, 68% months have been above normal while 31% have been below normal.

This alone is why I'd bet against 8 months of BN.  A whopping 24 years ago-close to a generation since we had that kind of streak

Guest Pamela

As for those of you who enjoy calling me "him" on this board...while being well aware that addressing me in that manner is wrong...the lack of respect you show me only reveals that you lack self respect...and deep down...you know it.

As for those of you who enjoy calling me "him" on this board...while being well aware that addressing me in that manner is wrong...the lack of respect you show me only reveals that you lack self respect...and deep down...you know it.

I wanted to bring this up months ago. Sorry you have to deal with that Pamela. Some people are just ignorant and down right disrespectful.

I wanted to bring this up months ago. Sorry you have to deal with that Pamela. Some people are just ignorant and down right disrespectful.

I've brought it up multiple times. Her name is Pam or Pamela which = she/her. It's simple guys. Enough of the phobe crap.

Pam being difficult to get along with at times doesn't give anyone an excuse to be an ahole.

Now let's move on.

As for those who delete my posts which cite the above mentioned matter...while I may stand guilty before you...the Goddess of History has acquitted me...on all counts.

Im not editing posts. If you quote a post thats insensitive, and i delete the offending post, guess whats gonna get deleted next? Especially considering it was in a monthly weather discussion thread.

This alone is why I'd bet against 8 months of BN.  A whopping 24 years ago-close to a generation since we had that kind of streak

I agree, especially if one is using the 1981-2010 climate normals. For both the most recent 30-year period (1986-2015) and most recent 10-year period (2006-2015), every month except for February has warmed relative to the 1981-2010 mean. February 2015's anomalous cold skewed the February figure colder. December 2015 skewed December much warmer than it would otherwise have been, but excluding December 2015, the month was still warmer. The following months have warmed 0.2 sigma or more from the 1981-2010 baseline over the past 30 years: April, May, June, July, August, September, and December.

Finally, during the last 10 years, months running 2 sigma or more above the 1981-2010 figure are 3.4 times as frequent as those during the 1981-2010 period. Months running 2 sigma or more below the 1981-2010 figure are 2.0 times as frequent as those during the 1981-2010 period. When it comes to 1 sigma, months 1 sigma or more below the 1981-2010 baseline are 0.7 times as frequent, while those 1 sigma or more above are 1.1 times as frequent. All said, the tendency for extremes has become relatively greater, even as the overall averages have trended warmer.

Archived