joxey
Spring Banter

Rjay

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That sounds great!

She doesn't always think so ;)

I actually cancelled a hike in the Cats tomorrow due to the winds more than anything.  The two hobbies sometimes intersect nicely.

3500 feet el will be low teens with 50+ gusts during the day.  With several inches of snowfall at elevation it's a dang shame to miss it but hate walking under big trees in high winds.

First March 70 degree reading on record for Alaska.

https://www.adn.com/article/20160331/temperature-just-hit-71-degrees-alaska-march

Alaska has had plenty of uncharacteristic weather in recent months, but Thursday took it to a new extreme.

The temperature measured at Klawock Airport in Southeast Alaska hit 71 degrees, which University of Alaska Fairbanks climate researcher Brian Brettschneider said is a record high for the state for the month of March, in any year on record.

We basically had a June or July air mass move in in March," Brettschneider said. "If we had June or July sun, it would have been 80 degrees, but we didn't."

Not looking good at all until after mid month. We are finally getting a winter pattern but unfortunately in April

98 had its only snow late. So it's not to surprising. But it sure does suck. My side landscaping business is on hold currently which is a financial hit. Lucky I made at least some snow removal money when it looked bleak at one point

28F + rapidly growing icicles at solar noon on April 3, with partly cloudy skies. Warlock's airmass modification and snowman's sun angle leave much to be desired.

KeYHA9M.jpg

Please tell me you do realize how much colder it would be right now had there not been an April sun overhead? This is April "cold". I hope the argument is not that an April sun is a non factor right? We have the equivalent of a late August sun right now, to say that an April sun angle has no effect is just ludicrous and asinine. And warlock's argument that this airmass greatly modified further due to bare ground and no snowcover is also scientific fact. It's not opinion or conjecture, this is the laws of nature and physics

Please tell me you do realize how much colder it would be right now had there not been an April sun overhead? This is April "cold". I hope the argument is not that an April sun is a non factor right? We have the equivalent of a late August sun right now, to say that an April sun angle has no effect is just ludicrous and asinine. And warlock's argument that this airmass greatly modified further due to bare ground and no snowcover is also scientific fact. It's not opinion or conjecture, this is the laws of nature and physics

http://youtube.com/watch?v=C6cxNR9ML8k

Archived