• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter

Rjay

I've seen a lot worse in terms of emotion, death, and destruction, but nothing this intense from a meteorological perspective. The darkness and the speed at which everything just gets sucked in, just frightening.

I don't know how he remained quiet the whole time, I probably would've been half dead before the tornado even struck.

Yea, I'm definitely not trying to take away from the video. It's certainly amazing.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Pamela

I think I am going to start a new political party...I will call it The Radical Moderates...the inherent Manichean duality we will promulgate will be exquisitely delicious!

Mods, feel free to delete if need be...I just posted it here as all my posts go unanswered in the Political Forum...

Honestly after the morning chill it really didnt feel that...43 felt warmer because on sun angle..great mulching weather

It felt pretty cold if you ask me. The sun angle helped slightly, but we had days in February that didn't feel much different than today.

Me either, but his decision to stay put likely saved his life, I always thought the ground floor was the safest place to be, I guess it's just luck in a tornado of that caliber.

I found another video from the same tornado, just scary:

http://youtu.be/RGmJCB0x21s

Wow that guy missed dying by like 100 yards the core of the tornado just missed him. You don't just sit there you red line your vehicle and get the hell out of there

Guest Pamela

I feel very much like a tangential line that keeps approaching the x-axis...but never touches it.

I feel like that ship at sea in perpetuity...with a cargo that will never see a port...like Tom Cruise described to the Moraldo's at the end of The Firm.... 

It's hard being a living extension of tradition...

It felt pretty cold if you ask me. The sun angle helped slightly, but we had days in February that didn't feel much different than today.

I was outside all day doing spring clean ups with the wind and being on the mower is was definitely cold all day. It was close to 20 degrees below our avg high 

I was outside all day doing spring clean ups with the wind and being on the mower is was definitely cold all day. It was close to 20 degrees below our avg high

Oh yeah, the wind definitely added to the cold. Hard to believe we're talking about Wind Chills during the day in April.

I feel very much like a tangential line that keeps approaching the x-axis...but never touches it.

I feel like that ship at sea in perpetuity...with a cargo that will never see a port...like Tom Cruise described to the Moraldo's at the end of The Firm.... 

It might be time for me to book my cruise reservations on the Flying Dutchman.

Guest Pamela

Whenever I feel despondent, hopeless and overwhelmed with a sense of powerlessness...I am comforted by the fact that where there is no solution...there is really no problem.

*Keeps a stiff upper lip*

Guest Pamela

This is an arcane and very beautiful song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5ZX8zAgvGk

I look in my crystal ball
And see nothing
I quietly wish I had it all
Or at least something

While the short waves
Says chaos surrounds us
I don't hear a thing
It's all so quiet in Brooklyn

If I had a fresh start
I'd probably fail
So I drink my coffee
And open the mail

Now I hope the cruel words
In your letter
Are baptized by my tears
I would try to make it all better
But it would take years

Cause while I've been feeding your ego
Mine's been wearing thin

I'd get lost anywhere
As long as I'm found
I could be anyone in any town

Why is there no one to help me
Find my way through
Cause if there was someone to help me
Maybe I could help you

Seems everyone's already started
While I don't know where to begin

It's all so quiet
It's all so quiet

I think I am going to start a new political party...I will call it The Radical Moderates...the inherent Manichean duality we will promulgate will be exquisitely delicious!

Mods, feel free to delete if need be...I just posted it here as all my posts go unanswered in the Political Forum...

With that vocabulary, and the current electorate of Dunces you would never crack double digits. It's the countries loss, not yours.

Guest Pamela

With that vocabulary, and the current electorate of Dunces you would never crack double digits. It's the countries loss, not yours.

Thank you CP.

However, I am buoyed by Taylor's (Charlton Heston) assertion upon arriving at the lagoon in The Planet of the Apes.  When looking out over the rather unsophisticated humanoids, his crewmate Landon noted, "We got off at the wrong stop."

Taylor, undeterred...wryly noted, "You're supposed to be the optimist around here Landon.  Look at it this way...if this is the best they've got around here...in 6 months, we'll be running this planet."

Of course, what followed was not what they thought...

Guest Pamela

Boston has 36.1" and NYC has 32.1" on the season. Crazy how Boston was almost 15" below us a month ago.

You cannot fight climatology; it is like what that baseball manager's says, "You can be hitting .300 at the All Star Break...but if you are a .260 hitter...that is what you will be batting at the end of the season."

Or, if you prefer:

Kramden: Remember water *always* reaches its level!

Norton:  Yes, we've heard rumors to that effect down in the sewer...

Also, thank you for speaking well of me in an another post; it is appreciated!

Guest Pamela

The future worries me not in the slightest...as the song says "you cannot be everything before your time / Vienna waits for you"...though it will be reached via the circuitous route...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZdiXvDU4P0

Guest Pamela

With that vocabulary,

My father taught me practically everything I know; the degree of his brilliance was unmatched...he was 100 times smarter than me.

This calls for subjectivity...but the way I saw it then...and still see it today...no father ever treated their child more kindly than he treated me over the course of the time we spent under the same roof.  Plenty did not go my way during this incarnation...but I have no complaints about him.

This is an arcane and very beautiful song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5ZX8zAgvGk

I look in my crystal ball

And see nothing

I quietly wish I had it all

Or at least something

While the short waves

Says chaos surrounds us

I don't hear a thing

If I had a fresh start

I'd probably fail

So I drink my coffee

And open the mail

Now I hope the cruel words

In your letter

Are baptized by my tears

I would try to make it all better

But it would take years

Cause while I've been feeding your ego

Mine's been wearing thin

I'd get lost anywhere

As long as I'm found

I could be anyone in any town

Why is there no one to help me

Find my way through

Cause if there was someone to help me

Maybe I could help you

Seems everyone's already started

While I don't know where to begin

It's all so quiet

It's all so quiet

To each there Dulcinea

Guest Pamela

To each there Dulcinea

And like Cervantes' Dulcinea...the name Pamela means "all sweetness".

Is it not the strangest of coincidences that the final statement uttered by Charles I was "Pamela's Prayer"...bringing an end to Absolute Monarchy and the Divine Right of Kings in the Anglosphere on 1/30/1649?  Milton would chastise him posthumously...inveighing against the "invocation of the prayer of a heathen girl" at the moment of death by guillotine.

And like Cervantes' Dulcinea...the name Pamela means "all sweetness".

Is it not the strangest of coincidences that the final statement uttered by Charles I was "Pamela's Prayer"...bringing an end to Absolute Monarchy and the Divine Right of Kings in the Anglosphere on 1/30/1649?  Milton would chastise him posthumously...inveighing against the "invocation of the prayer of a heathen girl" at the moment of death by guillotine.

......... and so it ends .........

Two mornings in a row of 16 degrees, which is the average low temperature in January.

Of course its April 6th and all of the flowering trees that bloomed a month early because of the incredibly warm March are wilting and probably won't flower this year.

For those of you that enjoyed the record warmth in March, this is now the price we pay.

I'll bet this never happens in Richmond. :D

Two mornings in a row of 16 degrees, which is the average low temperature in January.

Of course its April 6th and all of the flowering trees that bloomed a month early because of the incredibly warm March are wilting and probably won't flower this year.

For those of you that enjoyed the record warmth in March, this is now the price we pay.

I'll bet this never happens in Richmond. :D

Lol, I bet it happens in Reno, Nevada all the time, yet they still average over 10 degrees warmer than you.

Looks like the models have an inverted trough feature for SNE this upcoming weekend with a few inches there. Sucks to waste the cold air. Hopefully that changes.

one would think these doses of reality would temper your boundless optimism

Looks like the models have an inverted trough feature for SNE this upcoming weekend with a few inches there. Sucks to waste the cold air. Hopefully that changes.

Yep, the models are showing a norlun convergence zone with some ocean enhancement setting up where they almost always do, eastern New England

Archived