joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
One last Cape Cod Crusher March 4-5

rnaude241

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty sure we had a bunch of no more snow posts end of Feb but carry on. No one can say especially since climo for end of Nino says be alert  anytime into early April

:lmao: you counting this as snow?  LOL-my last inch was 2/15...we had a dusting here last night that didn't even stuck to the pavement-that's how you know it's bad....

Getting an inch or two out of this will be appreciated by me.  Below average of a very weak average snowfall down here, and I may not see a flake again after the weekend.  I'm going to take a nice walk on the coast and take it in.  Then it's fog season.

Had a coating here in West Hartford (I'll call it 0.1") but the roads were a disaster this morning with countless accidents.

Even a minor amount with no salt and cold roads can be a problem.

lol. Always in defense of the salt parade.

Literally a few flakes and no coating of anything and the state was out in full force this a.m. wasting time, money and resources.

It's called pre-treating

Pre-treating for a cloudy day?  No.  They were not even doing that.  They had the beds loaded up with the salt and whatever that metal rusting mixture is, just driving around with the orange lights flashing, not dispensing it.  Back and forth the same two trucks for a good 2 hours.  Nothing was falling except a stray flake. 

The insolation through the overcast is doing plenty of work on the pavement even up here with -SN falling. The roads and parking lots are just wet, but the shadows of the vehicles have a healthy dusting. Still just a T of precipitation at the airport though.

The insolation through the overcast is doing plenty of work on the pavement even up here with -SN falling. The roads and parking lots are just wet, but the shadows of the vehicles have a healthy dusting. Still just a T of precipitation at the airport though.

WMUR reporting 40-50 cars involved in multiple accidents on I-93 south in windham

http://www.wmur.com/news/pileup-reported-on-i93-south-in-windham-area/38338560[\url]

Archived