• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
A Cold Valentine Feb 14 2016 Lobe

HoarfrostHubb

I remember that morning we drove from Cambridge to my grandmother's house in Mattapan. Dorchester bay was thick with sea smoke and the breaks in our old impala station wagon were partially frozen at the start of our trip.

The pipe to our septic tank got clogged (it had a kink in it) so my dad and I were out snaking it at -10F

Good times

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

heat wrap from home depot, careful when they thaw Tuesday they might be split

I had my pipes freeze last winter.  I learned the hard way that when it gets really cold that I can't turn the thermostat down to 50 like I usually do at night on my first floor.  I wound up putting electric heaters in my basement in places where I suspected the pipes were frozen.  It took most of the day but the ice cleared and then flow was returned.

Now if it's going to be below -10, I just keep my thermostat up.

Looks like we'll peak at 5F.

Tds are running -15F to -20F. The high should crest over us around 12z tomorrow so the timing is perfect. Part of me wants to say CON can make a run at -20F. MET guidance is near -30F for HIE and BML. It will probably be a lackluster -12F or something here while the valleys are 5-10F colder. The coldest I've recorded here is -17F in 2009.

Looks like we'll peak at 5F.

Tds are running -15F to -20F. The high should crest over us around 12z tomorrow so the timing is perfect. Part of me wants to say CON can make a run at -20F. MET guidance is near -30F for HIE and BML. It will probably be a lackluster -12F or something here while the valleys are 5-10F colder. The coldest I've recorded here is -17F in 2009.

Looks like I peaked at 8° as I am down to 6 ATTM.  That ties my record low max for the day in 1987.  Td is -22° so we'll see what we get in the morning.  Timing couldn't be better for the HP to peak.

Stratton with a high of -14F so far today, -16.4F right now, impressive. -35.4F this morning.

It was fairly impressive for the summits, but we saw this last winter, too.  Maybe not exactly this cold, but on Mansfield we had a low of -34F and a high of -12F.  Warmest wind chills were -40F, coldest were -80F. 

Last winter we had a few days in the -25F to -30F range.

heat wrap from home depot, careful when they thaw Tuesday they might be split

No need--we dropped a space heater into the crawl space.  The bathrooms are back up and running, still waiting on the kitchen.

We always drip the faucets when it's going to go below zero.  I should say "we almost always drip the faucets".

Topped out at 3.9.

1.6/-17

6 here and still a touch of wind...looks like cef and bdl made it up to but not  below ten.....still pretty impressive though

I went to the RV show at the Big E.  Car thermometer was bouncing from 9-11 between Holyoke and West Springfield.

I'm giving myself -7 tongiht for the Pit.

0.6/-16

Can't wait to see maple hollow (Bakerville) temp tonight should radiate well

Yeah, they radiate well there...what did you get down to last night? I bottomed out at -17/-38.6DP, with a peak gust of 37...currently at 2.3/-24DP with a pretty flat wind occasional gusts...although my weather station table averages/highs/lows said I had a 62 MPH gust which I don't buy.

It was fairly impressive for the summits, but we saw this last winter, too. Maybe not exactly this cold, but on Mansfield we had a low of -34F and a high of -12F. Warmest wind chills were -40F, coldest were -80F.

Last winter we had a few days in the -25F to -30F range.

Whiteface wind chill hit negative 110 last night

http://www.twcnews.com/nys/capital-region/news/2015/02/16/wind-chills-at-peak-of-whiteface-mountain-reach--110.html

Yeah, they radiate well there...what did you get down to last night? I bottomed out at -17/-38.6DP, with a peak gust of 37...currently at 2.3/-24DP with a pretty flat wind occasional gusts...although my weather station table averages/highs/lows said I had a 62 MPH gust which I don't buy.

-15... One of my employees lives on top of spencer hill in Winsted they always get pounded with gusts can't wait to hear his report tomorrow

Archived