joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
A Cold Valentine Feb 14 2016 Lobe

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The euro has all of VT in -20s tomorrow morning.

image.png

I'd believe it given the current midday obs out of upstate NY and southern Canada advecting into New England.

It's like widespread -10 to -20F right now and it's the middle of the day. If any clear/calm conditions develop everyone is going to the freezer fast.

SLK with -15/-25 at noon.

Does fracking really cause earthquakes? If so, how big of a quake would result from fracking?

it does, but they tend to be geologically shallow in depth ...relative to typical stress relieving events.  Faults and even glacial rebounding on average release energy at greater depths. 

Check this ... but I believe I've read that shallower quakes may have sharper jolts than those at greater depth - 

Really cold midday temps in upstate NY. 

ART, MSS and SLK in the negative teens at 12pm.

attachicon.gifmesoanalysisT.png

I don't know if this is really true ... and I have heard AFDs mention it in the past, but ... that image really does give the impression of cold air poised and ready to "spill" over the western New England cordillera.  It's like water cresting a dam ... in this case, syrup dense cold air... 

It's one of those nights tonight where I leave the the heat on warmer than normal.. One thing I have also noticed about my pad; it sets over a crawl-space for a cellar.  There's usually about a 2 to 3 day lag, and the cold water coming out of the faucet gets almost undrinkable pop-cycle headache cold after a bitter shot of arctic air.  This will be the most extreme cold ...albeit very short lived, since living in this place.  

Archived