joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 8th Monster Ocean storm obs and hallucinations

Bostonseminole

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went for a drive around Duxbury and Green Harbor. Extensive flooding in Marshfield.

OT, but does Sweetser's still exist in Duxbury? I remember going there as a kid when my grandmother lived in town.

Some ground truth in Boston regarding that consolidating band. Definitely snowing better than it was. EDIT: never mind. Back into subsidence as the band consolidates to the west.

Band over RI is lightning up moving wnw. Impressive

22.6/20 - Very Heavy Snow.

Interesting to note: There has been a 2 degree increase in temp and dew point in the last 10 minutes as this band has really increased in intensity overhead.

By the way - Not sure is meant by 'lightning up' but the echoes have gotten heavier and the snow intensity has increased further here. Flakes are the biggest they've been since the start of the storm and visibility is consistently below 1/4 mile.

Ya, think this is going to under perform in most places with regard to the forecasted snow accumulation amounts.

Friday's storm they under forecast...this one looks to be over forecasted. Maybe the next one they'll get right? And I realize it's been a challenging forecast, so I'm not busting their chops, just making a general statement is all.

Depends on where one is located ... 

There is a quasi stationary band of moderate snow falling into very low dps, causing the actual rate of accumulation to probably exceed rad estimates by some... But visibility in this band is damn low.  I was clipped by the western edge of it for 1 hour's time and ended up with 1.5" ... someone under that stripe from metrowest to Providence may be over 4" already. 

As to CT... as NCEP noted a while ago, this air mass that plowed S overnight into this morning has some very dry air... I'm not sure the models new that was going to happen - least ... I missed it, and didn't hear any Met discussing it.  There has been a deformation band out that way, but it's apparently being eaten. 

Greetings from Central NH.   21.4F dewpoint -2F cloudy.  Clouds were thickening all morning but have been thinning past hour.  Sun is now dimly visible.  I have a clear view for 40 miles to the south and can see all mountain ridges to Kearsearge west of Concord. Although radars shows echos it is all virga. 

Archived