joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Storm and Mood Snow Feb 8-11

TalcottWx

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would anyone think that the NAM nailed the last storm?

Yeah it was actually late to the party. Ukie was first and then it was the euro and rgem next tier closer. Nam was pretty east until the last couple runs.

I can't remember if one of the clown models had it too...like the navgem.

anywho - i have no personal experience with France or Germany throwing their technological 2-cents into the fray of global models.  

who knows.  

do you guys know that about 3 days ago, that frankenmodel NAVGEM has a blizzard from NYC to PWM -

CMC knows. I sent you the link. And yes.

Navgem gets decent snows into most of SNE/Most east

image.thumb.png.d54bc0f9810884bbd93c344f

That's the NAM.

Yeah it was actually late to the party. Ukie was first and then it was the euro and rgem next tier closer. Nam was pretty east until the last couple runs.

Yes the Navgem had it pretty consistently. Lost it a run or two but for the most part was on the northwest fringe on guidance.

Classes all day.

So, I take it the meso models are robust, and the globals snow at the 3"/week rate?

Honestly, given the last few months, we rule most stuff out lol. 

;)

Honestly, I would have swallowed a ski pole by now if I were you....either that, or rode a lift to the top of Mansfield, and taken a swan dive such that I was impaled by that useless snow stake next to your fabled picnic table. 

What you have endured is akin to being double-teamed by 2010 and 2012.

guys... does it really matter who says what, first ?  

lol... did you just join this board today?

Welcome. If you look past all the guesses and AIT's, there's some really good objective analysis in here too  ^_^  

Ray, not just globals vs. crazy mesos... toggle GFS and Euro vs. prior 2-3 runs, there's a definite (but small) tick northwest in the low track.

Things that could be in flux on guidance to get this to tick even better:

- underestimated Atlantic ridge within 24 hour leadtime... twice in 4 days?

- correction of Tip's too long axis wavelength?

- backing off further north of a CoastalWx s**t streak variant over Nova Scotia?

Maybe too little leadtime to correct a bowling ball dropped so far south, but momentum of 12z-18z guidance today is northwest... along with the mechanisms listed above, there's plenty of precedent for this to continue shifting within 48 hours. All eyes on 0z suite...

lol... did you just join this board today?

Welcome. If you look past all the guesses and AIT's, there's some really good objective analysis in here too  ^_^  

Ray, not just globals vs. crazy mesos... toggle GFS and Euro vs. prior 2-3 runs, there's a definite (but small) tick northwest in the low track.

Things that could be in flux on guidance to get this to tick even better:

- underestimated Atlantic ridge within 24 hour leadtime... twice in 4 days?

- correction of Tip's too long axis wavelength?

- backing off further north of a CoastalWx s**t streak variant over Nova Scotia?

Maybe too little leadtime to correct a bowling ball dropped so far south, but momentum of 12z-18z guidance today is northwest... along with the mechanisms listed above, there's plenty of precedent for this to continue shifting within 48 hours. All eyes on 0z suite...

Euro actually has a little less snow than it did on the 00z run...other changes not withstanding.

Archived