Newest Member
    CHSVol
Storm and Mood Snow Feb 8-11

TalcottWx

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to many waves in the flow[/quote

which us a good thing I presume. Seems active.

It would be if we can consolidate some into one, But the bigger problem is this first wave and where it is right now on the models, Getting this back far enough west to make for a larger scale event seems unlikely, So on that note, It would be better if it just gets as far east as possible to give the s/w rounding the base of the trough more room to amplify, We were seeing that solution earlier in the week, Still not a blockbuster, But it was showing a pretty good moderate event

I have not seen days of mood snow back this way since dec 2008 when over two days in between systems we really did pick up another three inches of fluff...even last year in a protracted feb event we had nearly a full day with nary a flake between impulses and i was nailed to the cross for being a debbie when i was just stating facts while some easterners never stopped snowing

days of mood snow area wide is a more difficult atmospheric phenomenon to achieve than some may think...kinda rare along with a big coastal...maybe even moreso...the prolonged mood snow is definitely easier to achieve along the shoreline than interior.

it for sure is a romantic notion though....days of dense overcast and occasional to steady light  snow and temps in the 20s

What I like about the 12z Euro run is not so much the conus trough depth / angle... that actually looks about same as 0z run... but heights over Western Atlantic have definitely ticked further north and west... you can see a distinctly greater kinking of heights back to the east coast as early as 30 hours...  probably not enough leadtime to adjust towards more than a graze for eastern SNE, especially when you drop a bowling ball that far south, but the fresh lesson of underestimated Atlantic heights with 24 hours leadtime gives me a little pause.

Archived