Newest Member
    joxey
Storm and Mood Snow Feb 8-11

TalcottWx

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your reading comprehension is subpar. 

The collective ability of this sub forum to sniff out snow threats has been dreadful for the past few weeks.  Often hyping the long shots and downplaying the legit storms.  I interpret it as a combination of being massively spoiled in recent winters and many not having more than a few years of model watching experience under their belts.

yup, esne has had so many big snow events and those not as big but still where they capitalized best i think it has produced some weenie goggleism  in many of those fine folks. even some of the best at times. it is understandable and i think just part of human nature.

still though their contributions are immense and have given many hobbyists like myself an insight to weather i never could have dreamed of in past years.

no more waiting for box afd or even more years back the 11pm or 5am news and as we all know by now that even that information is old by the time it airs.

There seems to be two conversations going on....those looking for a "storm" and those talking about 2-5" over 2-3 days.

It was easier looking a few days back when that first s/w was moving east of the FL coast and was non factor which allowed the second wave to develop and move north up the coast, Now we have a series of weak s/w in the trough that just bring mood snows over several days to the area kind of IVT like

I just think Monday isn't really for SNE. Maybe the Cape is grazed.

That thing is plowing OTS it seems. Trough will produce an event of some type here though after. Everything has been trending NW this winter though so I'm hesitant to rule anything out right now especially after I laughed at this past one that gave me 7".

Despite that, Monday could just turn into one of those widespread light snows with maybe a few heavier embedded bands near the coast. After that, what a mess. The lack of baroclinic zone makes the low pressure develop not very classic looking with an inv trough appeal on the GFS.  As the troughs digs in and little pieces of energy round the bend, it keeps an inv trough look just offshore. This screams of weird mesoscale features going on. Someone may do very well while other only grab a little snow.

Archived