Newest Member
    joxey
Storm and Mood Snow Feb 8-11

TalcottWx

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does nne keep getting shafted?

This could change ..dramatically actually.   stand pat - it's lower probability but not 0 in this case... 

So don't get ur hopes up.

However, there is an outside chance that the arguments we pose regarding the total wave spacing across N/A being too long in then getting corrected a bit back west.  

That would cause a few headaches for forecasters, no doubt! 

For one, it increases the phasing potential between the big trough amplitude and the SE ejected wave.  ... then you'd have to consider a deeper storm, farther west, probably (in the extreme sense) backing into the mountains ... not just around here.  

Also, I think with that high up there ...sort of locked in for a few days, transporting easterlies into a freezing column and going up and over ridge lines, your probably good for ad hoc production from that source too -

Yea. I've seen it amped up a hr 48 too.

I'm not ruling it out. Bottom line, need globals to jump at 00z. That would increase confidence.

heh, the Euro led the way on the last one and it didn't even start until it was 36 hours - but yeah, particularly if that run comes west even a little bit, I'd be careful with this. 

France ... oh lord, what next. 

Has Uganda released their version of this thing yet - haha. 

Okay, well... I can't actually find the product that you have in mind, using that link... Looks like a head page to a bunch models but I don't know where the nested links are.  I'll just take your words for it I guess - 

France ... oh lord, what next. 

Has Uganda released their version of this thing yet - haha. 

Okay, well... I can't actually find the product that you have in mind, using that link... Looks like a head page to a bunch models but I don't know where the nested links are.  I'll just take your words for it I guess - 

It's verification scores collected by the cmc, there are no links there.

It's available on meteocentre, as well as the german (dwd) model which doesn't have great scores but was along with the ukie for this last bust.

guys... does it really matter who says what, first ?  

anywho - i have no personal experience with France or Germany throwing their technological 2-cents into the fray of global models.  

who knows.  

do you guys know that about 3 days ago, that frankenmodel NAVGEM has a blizzard from NYC to PWM -

Archived