12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Storm and Mood Snow Feb 8-11

TalcottWx

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

anyway you can post the map with some annotations to help explain? Dont have to, just curious as to what i should be looking for.

Best way to do it if you have a browser open is to open the current run and prior run in separate tabs and toggle back and forth.

Or use tropical tidbits but it may not be out yet.

The NAM is like an abusive boyfriend. It beats you to a pulp daily, but it just looks so damn fine that you keep coming back time and time again.

I just enjoying watching each model for what it is. I pass no judgement on them. We all know their strengths and weaknesses. Post em and see what transpires.

nope have propane ventless stove upstairs and down and vented one in the bedroom. Does suck the Genny decided this would be a good time to crap the bed. I wasted time today raking the roof just in case the mesos are right

I have one in my shop. When im not plowing in the winter I am restoring classics, wouldn't go without a propane heater.

Edit... or working on lawn mowers haha.

One of these days the NAM will bite people in the azz again.

:lmao:

yeah, ... I dunno though - the thing that disturbs me about this whole ferkokta evolution between the OV and western Atlantic between Sun-Wed seems to playing out in this run rather nicely.

It always gives me pause when you visualize a possible necessary correction and then see it seem to begin manifesting on ensuing runs... 

We spoke earlier in the day about not liking that abnormally long (longitudinal) wave length ... a view point shared by all guidance, as the trough reaches its greatest amplitude.  The correction for that - if need be - is a tad west, and ... therein is the rub!

A tad west can mean anything fomr 2, 3, 4 ...7 even degrees of latitude translated down stream wrt to where the lead systems deep layer mechanics ultimately track.  

Well ... here, I'll illustrate:

post-904-0-10582600-1454794489_thumb.jpg

Most importantly.. this possible exaggeration of the long wave length was more extreme in the previous solution(s), and appears to be contracting as a ?favorable correction?

That ridge in the west is awfully far west for where this trough is ending up in the east compared to both climo and baser wave space arguments.  I'm sure stranger things have happened - okay. But... 

1 deg longitude (or latitude) = 60 nautical miles.  My eye's tell me this was about a degree perhaps even a little bit more, correction west.  If can pull off even .5 deg west per run through tomorrow night, your talking 300 nautical miles of total correction west, which frankly, compressing the wave space between the western ridge and the OV trough amplitude, would allow that to happen. 

It really isn't that complicated... It's just a matter of whether that happens, or this just goes on to be one of those anomalous flow deals.  We'll see. 

:lmao:

yeah, ... I dunno though - the thing that disturbs me about this whole ferkokta evolution between the OV and western Atlantic between Sun-Wed seems to playing out in this run rather nicely.

It always gives me pause when you visualize a possible necessary correction and then see it seem to begin manifesting on ensuing runs... 

We spoke earlier in the day about not liking that abnormally long (longitudinal) wave length ... a view point shared by all guidance, as the trough reaches its greatest amplitude.  The correction for that - if need be - is a tad west, and ... therein is the rub!

A tad west can mean anything fomr 2, 3, 4 ...7 even degrees of latitude translated down stream wrt to where the lead systems deep layer mechanics ultimately track.  

Well ... here, I'll illustrate:

attachicon.gifcorrection.jpg

Most importantly.. this possible exaggeration of the long wave length was more extreme in the previous solution(s), and appears to be contracting as a ?favorable correction?

That ridge in the west is awfully far west for where this trough is ending up in the east compared to both climo and baser wave space arguments.  I'm sure stranger things have happened - okay. But... 

1 deg longitude (or latitude) = 60 nautical miles.  My eye's tell me this was about a degree perhaps even a little bit more, correction west.  If can pull off even .5 deg west per run through tomorrow night, your talking 300 nautical miles of total correction west, which frankly, compressing the wave space between the western ridge and the OV trough amplitude, would allow that to happen. 

It really isn't that complicated... It's just a matter of whether that happens, or this just goes on to be one of those anomalous flow deals.  We'll see. 

I definitely agree as I showed the ridge axis being so far West, it almost has to correct a bit West, unless like you said its one of those anomalous flows that we so often see, but the physics says otherwise!

Here we go again...

I want to see shifts on the globals tonight if this is a real trend, but that's a pretty stark shift by the rgem and nam and it's early on as well that causes the change. Raises an eyebrow for sure.

Tonight might even be too soon...  Recall this last event; though it bears no synoptic similarity, the Euro led the short term correction but it only began some 36 hours out! 

We're still a minimum of 60 at this point for how/when this would affect on this lat/long - if at all...

Archived