joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Storm and Mood Snow Feb 8-11

TalcottWx

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw a story the CL&P was saying the tree damage was as bad as Sandy, is it that bad?

I think they were specifically talking about Ledyard, and I have to think just a small portion of the town at that. Only 4% of the town left without power tonight, and only 3000 in all of CT, so not sure how that claim can hold true on a large scale since Sandy left hundreds of thousands without power for several days...and many for 7-10 days.

Btw...it's Eversource now...not cl&p

I think they were specifically talking about Ledyard, and I have to think just a small portion of the town at that. Only 4% of the town left without power tonight, and only 3000 in all of CT, so not sure how that claim can hold true on a large scale since Sandy left hundreds of thousands without power for several days...and many for 7-10 days.

Btw...it's Eversource now...not cl&p

Weren't most of CLP outages from flooded substations in coastal cities? I believe they were talking tree damage. Anyways the amount of tree damage at least in my town is Irenesque, thank God the tree trimming program was escalated. Back to business at hand 0Z model suite staring with Mesos should be fun. Love the model action this month,fun stuff.

Sandy took down a lot of trees around my neighborhood.

we lost power for like 2 hours Irene 8 days. Sandy was meh here. Irene NECT got into an outer band that caused a lot of damage.

If RGEM corrects west 50-75 miles the Cape is going to see Damage from tides and winds wet snow. Snow Bros out there should be aware.

Weren't most of CLP outages from flooded substations in coastal cities? I believe they were talking tree damage. Anyways the amount of tree damage at least in my town is Irenesque, thank God the tree trimming program was escalated. Back to business at hand 0Z model suite staring with Mesos should be fun. Love the model action this month,fun stuff.

I'm not sure how flooded substations would've resulted in such widespread outages to northern CT...and why power restorations wouldn't have come in larger chunks. But I'm also not a power industry worker, so I really have no first hand knowledge. I could be way off base on the subject. I don't doubt there are some localized areas that may have been it harder than Sandy. But That claim just doesn't make sense to me on more than a very localized scale given that 95% of outages have been restored in 36 hours.

Archived