joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Storm and Mood Snow Feb 8-11

TalcottWx

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As do i. But it is what it is. I'll take a widespread wintry feel over a dog **** December anyday. SNE has been spoiled with big systems last several years and now most just expect it or its a fail.

I get this....different strokes for different folks.....but just don't try to sell me the fact that this is on par with one of our most classic months.

Believe me, it would help my cause if it were.

I get that H5 may be classic, but like I said when the blizzard whiffed, if the heavy snow were 100 miles to the north, then this winter would have had a whooooole different vibe.

But it wasn't.

So it didn't.

Personally, I'd rather go mild if we aren't to see at least a moderate impactor.....

That will be dependent from the Monday storm. The more  separation there is, the better the chance of something more than a few inches.  The whole setup is complicated with such a deep trough and more energy rounding the bend of it....yet the first low is there to either much it up or help us.

It could still totally change .....and no one hopes that t does more than I do.

I thought we would have see more progress today with regard to the Monday deal.

Glad that it depicted storm number one further out.

Think its a realistic shot?

Yeah totally possible. This ufortunately is a complex setup. Unfortunate that if it wasn't we'd probably get hammered with not too much model deviation. But also because models will have trouble with it in its current form.

It's going to be so important how much that first one behaves. Also even after it is gone that longwave trough has like ten different evolutions in how the energy rotates through it. That will matter too when we are having interference from the front runner.

Yeah totally possible. This ufortunately is a complex setup. Unfortunate that if it wasn't we'd probably get hammered with not too much model deviation. But also because models will have trouble with it in its current form.

It's going to be so important how much that first one behaves. Also even after it is gone that longwave trough has like ten different evolutions in how the energy rotates through it. That will matter too when we are having interference from the front runner.

The upside here should be about a nice 8-12" deal.

Hopefully the first wave trends further OTS......I had hoped it would trend closer, but that isn't going to work out.

Thanks for the PBP.

Tommy Downs states, that systems usually follow the gulf stream and the baroclinic zone rather than scooting out into the ATL into a much colder/unsuitable environment. For a system of this magnitude( sub 970), It's should be searching for the path of least resistance and warmer waters, and that, according to Tom, is along the baroclinic zone which is basically the gulf stream into the BM!  

Archived