joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SU has a weather contest? Sounds fun. what do you get for winning?

Yeah, through the geography department, high/low and precip amount twice a week. Students in weather courses do it, plus some professors, alumni and some local new mets. Bragging rights at the end of the year. Students get some extra credit for participating. I graduated 10 years ago and still do it.

The northern MD folks are waayy too serious about their snow. "Yeah its been 15-25 degrees above freezing for days now, plus we have had fog and heavy rain today. Snow pack hasn't taken much of a hit though. Still holding strong." :lol:

Hahahaha not mine. Serious hit to the pack today

The northern MD folks are waayy too serious about their snow. "Yeah its been 15-25 degrees above freezing for days now, plus we have had fog and heavy rain today. Snow pack hasn't taken much of a hit though. Still holding strong." :lol:

umm...I still have 12-18" on the ground. The snow just won't melt

Aren't you near Odenton? Wow thats amazing then. Laws of physics broken!  Lol seriously, I have a friend in Laurel which isn't too far from there, and she said there is just patches of slush and dirty piles.

Yesterday morning, I was driving to a meeting which took me to a different area than I normally get to see, and I was struck by how much the snow cover varied block-by-block. It seemed like distance from the primary roads, flat-or-hilly, and elevation were big factors. Snow-cover on the corner of 355 and Old Georgetown Rd was gone by yesterday morning, but going east on Randolph Rd, snow cover actually picked up eastward with many lawns having >8" snow cover still. Then, turning into a neighborhood (Kemp Mill Rd), it was a completely different world than what I've seen near me with deep snow cover left all around in the lower elevation dips. Going up a hill, there was less snow cover. 

We never do pretty. Diamond was a man amongst boys tonight. Only two tough games left. Purdue at home and Indiana on the road.

We could have easily slipped up in these past 2 road games after the big win against Iowa but we pulled through and stayed tough. We're winning with solid defense right now. Still have to improve handling the ball handling. I really feel like there will be a 4 or 5 game stretch where everything comes together, just hope it's in the tourney.

We could have easily slipped up in these past 2 road games after the big win against Iowa but we pulled through and stayed tough. We're winning with solid defense right now. Still have to improve handling the ball handling. I really feel like there will be a 4 or 5 game stretch where everything comes together, just hope it's in the tourney.

Me too. WAY to many turnovers again tonight. I actually hope it's 6 games. 4 or 5 won't do much for us.

Warm air continues to stream into Dale City. It is now 57 degrees, with a 57 degree dewpoint.

At this rate, ALL of the mountains of snow that survived the rain will be completely gone by 7am.

This springlike weather simply does not want to leave.

The grass will probably lengthen as well.

We might crest 60 degree dewpoints by sunrise!

A 1 seed would go a long ways towards not having trouble getting to the sweet 16. 2 and 3 seeds can get the trap match-up that sucks.

#1 vs 8/9 in round 2 is usually a tough matchup.  And if you win that one, you're staring at a game with 4/5.  There's a reason that so few #1 seeds make the final 4.

Archived