joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Terrible winter thus far.  One fluke storm that's all but melted away in a torchfest.  

Hard to call it terrible, just because of the epic week of model watching where it was locked in, and the storm itself. It wasn't an HECS here btw, but 15" is still a great storm. It is what it is, but not my ideal winter thus far. Lets see if we can score something over the next 15 days. If we can get a week of well below normal, and one moderate snow event, I will call it a "good" winter despite the overall torch.

The only people who are upset with winter so far have unrealistic expectations. December is rarely amazing so who cares if it torched. January had a HECS and was above normal snowfall. It's Feb 2.

We don't generally do snow cover that well these days. Lasted longer than Dec 2009.

Yes it did. the front yards up and down my street are still completely covered. My back yard faces south so the hill has melted off. Damn resilient considering the temps + rain + fog. 

I'm always more interested in snow falling than snow cover. The only thing that bothers me with temps this year is the pond I skate on has never been safe enough. I saw some skate marks on the ice but man, that's chancing something I don't take chances with. 

Yes it did. the front yards up and down my street are still completely covered. My back yard faces south so the hill has melted off. Damn resilient considering the temps + rain + fog. 

I'm always more interested in snow falling than snow cover. The only thing that bothers me with temps this year is the pond I skate on has never been safe enough. I saw some skate marks on the ice but man, that's chancing something I don't take chances with. 

You guys live in a different world.  I had snow coverage from Dec 09 until about the 13th or 14th of January that year.  It melted, rained, and then snowed again on the night of the 21st.  Snowed again on the 30th and I didn't see the grass until March 11.

Y'all thinking, like me, that it is beautiful day?  We may have to turn in our weenie cards.

Naso fast!

We are not done with snow yet.

Get that shovel ready!

Have faith in the Pattern this winter. The supercharged subtropical jet and the frigid air are gonna throw another epic party in the Mid Atlantic.

Are YOU a Believer?

The only people who are upset with winter so far have unrealistic expectations. December is rarely amazing so who cares if it torched. January had a HECS and was above normal snowfall. It's Feb 2.

This is a good point.  Evaluating winter at this point is silly.

In all fairness, we should not even try before April 1.

March the past three years has been pretty darn good, at least out here it has.

The problem with trying to manufacture a storm on Monday-Tuesday is the weekend rule. As in.... it's not the weekend. No scientific basis for this but the fact is I'd feel way better about our chances if it was a weekend.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Adam, did I steal your pic or did you steal mine? LOL.

Get those March '93 vibes going.

Archived