• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlckJckKhoWX
    Newest Member
    BlckJckKhoWX
Ian

Jan 22-24 blizzard obs, tracking, nowcasting #2

Submitted 15.0 inches for a spotter report at 07:00 for Franconia/Kingstowne, an additional 6 inches since 01:00. Much lower confidence in the measurement this time thanks to wind, but still using three snow boards plus a few other comparison measuring sites.

Nice...I had 15" at 6:00 AM, so maybe I didn't measure right.

I am at a foot - glad i slept through the dry slot pings - glad to see snow flying again - is it supposed to snow through the bulk of the day still in the area?

ETA- Roland park area Balt city

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16.8"

High confidence measurement. Winds haven't been bad here at all. Getting liquid equivalent is a pain in the ass though. Trying for a second time.

1.89" is what I sent in for CoCoRahs, but that is not as solid.

Coming down pretty well here in Hampden/Baltimore and winds picking up after a brief period of sleet a lil over an hour ago following the thundersnow, gonna crack a beer here in a bit and go take some snowfall measurements. Cheers!

Hard to get a good total. Looks at least 13 inches. Will try to get a better measurement later. 

Moderate Snow with winds picking up again. 

Temp 26.6

One road that hasn't been plowed has 3' drifts.

Snowing moderately with some nice white sheets when it blows. Not going out yet since I just woke up but looks like we're easily over a foot here.  nearest NWS reports are between 13-14 inches so I'll go with that

Back to snow after sleet from 4-7am along the bay here in AA co look like the heaviest is still 30 miles west of us. Hope this back fills with the yellows to the bay soon! maybe 12" or so right now sleet held us back few inches for sure

Went to bed at 3 after a yellow band came through, but did not measure.  Up at 6 to pouring snow.  

Just went outside to measure.  I had cleared a spot for measuring...that was useless....way too windy.

Measured 16-18 going with 17.    Can't wait to measure agin in an hour!

....unbelievable snow rates right under the yellow's in MoCo   :snowing:

12:45pm First Flakes

4:30pm 2"

7:00pm 3.5"

8:00pm 3.8"

9:30pm 5"

10:30pm 6"

12:00pm 7.75" 

2:00am 9"

7:30am 17"

Does anyone knwo where I can get the airport measurements? Like the official measurements? Cause my totals are no where near what everyone else is reporting. Ugh...

BWI reported 12.4" as of 7am.

Seems AA county's totals are a lot less than counties to the west

The rates and winds are beyond insane here. I'm not sure of the accumulation though. It's clearly above 16 inches (last I measured, it was ~ 10-11 inches and that was 430 am last night).

Heavy snow and blowing snow; depth of 19 inches.

For a list of LWX measurements, you have to dig unless they link it at the top.  Go down to bottom of LWX's home page and click on Text Bulletins; scroll down to PNS - Public Information Statement; scroll to LWX - Sterling, VA.  Link:

http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=LWX&product=PNS&issuedby=LWX