12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
January Banter Thread #2

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good lord, you'd think from the bloodletting that it was a rainstorm.  People are still getting 10-20" of snow.

As of now. How about this time tomorrow? How about on Thursday?

It could continue to go south. It has happened before, many times. Yes, could also go north. But people keep taking model runs 5 days out as gospel and a lot of times, we get burned.

As of now. How about this time tomorrow? How about on Thursday?

It could continue to go south. It has happened before, many times. Yes, could also go north. But people keep taking model runs 5 days out as gospel and a lot of times, we get burned.

it's kind of annoying, actually.  major shifts can still occur 3 days out.  once i started reading that the euro was later again, i'm thinking dam, just waited 12 hours for it to be 6-12 hours later in arrival lol.  

anyway, this is the wheelhouse time for models.  if you're gonna invest in it, now is the time.  i think a little too much time was invested up to this point especially being that it's still 3 days away.  just my opinion on that.  

anyway, this is the wheelhouse time for models. 

Didn't the western component just make landfall within the past few hours? Was it enough time for the additional data to be analyzed? If not, how can it be wheelhouse time if the models are still using incomplete data sets? Judgement should probably be withheld until tomorrow morning.

At least we have the 12z para and 18z GFS To calm some nerves until the 0Z runs. That is if they still show something good.

When does the Euro ensemble come out?  I know it's getting a bit close for ensemble, but based on what just happened, I think it's worth it to take a sneak peek.

Didn't the western component just make landfall within the past few hours? Was it enough time for the additional data to be analyzed? If not, how can it be wheelhouse time if the models are still using incomplete data sets? Judgement should probably be withheld until tomorrow morning.

if that's the case, then all the model runs to this point were a waste of time.  my point is that 72 hours, the forecasting reliability goes up a lot, so today's run are really important.  

Archived