joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter Thread #2

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone must have been reading CWG at my workplace because I am being asked about everything and anything about weather models and how much snow they are showing :axe::lol:

my mom called me just before the Euro run and says "CWG SAYS WE ARE GETTING TWO FEET!?!!!!!!!!!!'

i promptly told her to calm down, and that i warned her two days ago. 

weenies man... 

Change fees are ridiculous right now because United hasn't yet offered waivers for changes based on weather, so I have to get additional approval for that.  Just waiting now, but I'd prefer the redeye that gets in at around 7:00 am (departs just before midnight).  There are seats on the 4:56 pm departure, but it was tough enough to convince people that I needed to bolt, so unless I have no other choice, I can't leave that early.

They will offer them by tomorrow night at the latest.

Just got a chance to look at the euro ens. They look solid. The "tick" south on the mslp panels is mostly just getting rid of a bunch of lows that went over the tidewater or into the bay (which are not good placements for the corridor). Everything is tighter now and honestly looks pretty damn good. 

I wish I could post euro maps to give a picture to this but the op run did some weird things with precip. The knife edge cutoff was very suspect IMHO. When there is a sub 990 tucked right into VA beach you typically don't see such a gradient. Then the progression gets weird with multiple lows. The ULL pass is still pretty good even with the south shift. 

I'm no longer worried about the op solution and won't be until I see it happen again a bunch of times. Which I personally doubt. 

yea looking at the members the # of south members didn't actually go up. There have been about 10-15 out of the 52 each run. But we lost some of the crazy inland solutions that were mixing even up here. That moved the mean south a bit. Agree with funky look of op euro. I've remained mostly quiet because given my location people might just figure of course he thinks that but I was fairly confident we would see a south move day 3-4 and then a trend back north the last 48 hours. By that I don't mean bad for anyone here, when it's over with qpf Max over va and higher ratios over md and southern pa I think we all get crushed. Final axis of snow might resemble 83/96 or slightly south of those 2. This thing is going to be a juiced monster and qpf will adjust on the northern edge as usual. Euro has been digging too much lately also. We just saw it get schooled because of that. I think this whole forum is on a great spot for a change.

Two men with some sanity.

They will offer them by tomorrow night at the latest.

True.  And that will probably be too late to actually get a seat.

If I can get approval to make the change before waivers are granted, then I will, for sure.  I've been hard at work trying to convince the decision makers that DC folks will need to bail early.  One of them is going to try to convince others that it would be prudent to adjourn the meeting on Thursday.  If that happens, then I'm definitely getting out ASAP.

when psuhoffman isn't freaking out about being fringed, every other northerner should seriously rest easy. we got this bitches. 

We need him freaking out because that always seal the deal for us. When he loses it then we always get blasted. Now that he is calm and reasoned I'm feeling a little disturbed. Lol.

Archived