joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 23/24 Major Coastal Storm Discussion

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time to take the NAM seriously, it is in its range. Check out my article in today's Gothamist:

http://gothamist.com/2016/01/21/mitch_snow_weather_king.php

I guess the only thing I would take away from this is perhaps the NAM is hinting that the other models might start to shift north during the next 24 hours??? Btw nice article.

If only the NAM was going to be right, can you imagine if it winds up being? I think this run is a little to extreme but overall it still likes the further north theme before pulling east. I still like 12" for the NYC metro as an average, a little less further north a little more further south.

There are setups where the NAM does well but they are few and far between. As I've said a few times today 2/6/10 and the nasty overrunning event last winter that missed us and destroyed SNE it never waivered from 72 hours out

I just think with those warm waters being warmer than normal that this storm will be deeper and want to move more NE vs E or ENE. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read that a mild winter and warm ocean waters had a big impact during the blizzard of feb 2006. But I am no met to weigh on that.

When looking at the water vapor loop, where is the confluence coming from that we should be worried about? Is it the feature over North east Maine, that wants to press south west, or is it the small feature near Minnesota/Ontario that is coming east bound?

IMO the confluence is being overrated for this storm for this region, not so much for SNE but definitely here. We are being screwed more by the low closing off early than anything else

There are setups where the NAM does well but they are few and far between. As I've said a few times today 2/6/10 and the nasty overrunning event last winter that missed us and destroyed SNE it never waivered from 72 hours out

I think you certainly have to give the NAM some weight here, the "its the NAM" so ignore idea should be put on the back burner a bit since it is now in its better range. Would I buy it wholeheartedly, no, but some weight should be given to what it is showing. IMO

Archived