Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm planning on a 12 mile training run at 5:00 am Sunday. I think I'll be ok. But I worry if something happens and I'm 6 miles from home in the dark

Of course you are.  I forgot that your part of that regime who has to run on the road in the dark and cold times of the day, dodging snowbanks, and making drivers wish they weren't out that day.

Why don't you just go run inside the bubble down the hill from you?

I want to guess slippery roads, but somehow I don't think that was the case.  Roads are in pretty good shape after they blast them with the chemical crap, and sand, and salt...although maybe wind blew snow across the road at that point to make things slippery(?)

That is too bad.

I have a good friend who's an incredible athlete who got his by a bus. He's alive but barely on his way back to being an athlete. Any one else know who Ronnie Colman is? One the greatest body builders (actually number one) of all time. Broke his back squating 800lbs now he can't walk, possible for ever. Not one is invincible

The worst are bicyclists. That's great you want to reduce your carbon footprint, but get the phuck out of my way.

I agree. Those guys are morons. 

I am very careful when running, since it's always in the dark. I wear reflective clothing/hat etc..and always run against traffic, though there's not much of it since I'm out at 5:00 am or earlier. But I've had some close calls with people deliberately trying to hit me, where I've had to jump into the woods/snowbanks etc

The worst are bicyclists. That's great you want to reduce your carbon footprint, but get the phuck out of my way.

I don't mind them that much when they are obeying traffic laws.  They seem to think that traffic laws don't apply to them and go through red lights and fail to use signals so you know where they are going.  I wonder how many intersection bicycle accidents could be avoiding if they just stopped, looked both ways and then went on when it is safe.

I have a good friend who's an incredible athlete who got his by a bus. He's alive but barely on his way back to being an athlete. Any one else know who Ronnie Colman is? One the greatest body builders (actually number one) of all time. Broke his back squating 800lbs now he can't walk, possible for ever. Not one is invincible

A legend, former cop too? So sorry to hear

Archived