Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i had been using a sturdy wagon from Home Depot to tote wood back and forth from my woodpile in the back to the door that leads into our family room with the woodstove...I had a great 6-7 years use out of it, however 2 weeks ago one of the wheel welds was so rusted it took one final bumpy ride to get a load of wood, the weld finally let go and the wheel came off...no way to fix...so a friend of mine brought over a large sled with a rope and I had been pulling wood on the sled, until yesterday when all of my meager snowpack melted away...now i guess it will just be walking back and forth from the wood pile with an armload of wood at a time...oh well...maybe i can call it exercise?

i had been using a sturdy wagon from Home Depot to tote wood back and forth from my woodpile in the back to the door that leads into our family room with the woodstove...I had a great 6-7 years use out of it, however 2 weeks ago one of the wheel welds was so rusted it took one final bumpy ride to get a load of wood, the weld finally let go and the wheel came off...no way to fix...so a friend of mine brought over a large sled with a rope and I had been pulling wood on the sled, until yesterday when all of my meager snowpack melted away...now i guess it will just be walking back and forth from the wood pile with an armload of wood at a time...oh well...maybe i can call it exercise?

http://www.mlia.com ?

That's a good page to see cameras on one page.  One of the pages that I really like is this one that the BTV WFO put together:

http://www.weather.gov/btv/webcams

I like how it has the cameras on a map and you can select the camera by location and that it includes all of New England, New York and nearby Canada.  Pretty neat if you ask me.  It takes time to put something like that together.

That is really awesome.  Thanks for sharing, didn't know BTV had that. 

Not to muck up the Model thread more than we already have fukked it up...so moving to banter...

Looking back on 2011-2012 threads and then thinking about the past few years...its amazing how much Mother Nature loves her averages. 

Boston voted the snowhole of New England in 2012...talk about a rise to glory in the years following.

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/32927-where-winter-doesnt-live-new-england-snowholes-2012/

And these posts are pretty good looking back on it.  My posts were so optimistic back then too...every passing shortwave was at least 1-3", haha.  With snowNH going on a rant about me posting photos plastered with snow and how its bullsh*t and he doesn't want to see it. 

Just goes to show, the worst of seasons definitely mirror the "tenor" of the posts.

Snowman21's quote now would be, if people want to have winter they should go wherever Coastalwx or DamageInTolland live...:lol:

Just a quick post to share that this subforum is one of, if not my favorite, of all those on this site. Since I'm not a resident of this particular subforum, I won't be posting in here too often...with the exception that I'm conducting a chase in the area. I just returned recently from documenting the February 8th blizzard in Plymouth and Marshfield, and will hope to be returning to your area, yet again, prior to the conclusion of this winter season.

The main point of this post is to simply convey my appreciation for the knowledge and comradery that is so frequently displayed in this subforum! :)

Just a quick post to share that this subforum is one of, if not my favorite, of all those on this site. Since I'm not a resident of this particular subforum, I won't be posting in here too often...with the exception that I'm conducting a chase in the area. I just returned recently from documenting the February 8th blizzard in Plymouth and Marshfield, and will hope to be returning to your area, yet again, prior to the conclusion of this winter season.

The main point of this post is to simply convey my appreciation for the knowledge and comradery that is so frequently displayed in this subforum! :)

It's a zoo in here with animals clawing their way out of their cages...but when it's feeding time, hugs and kisses all around. 

But yea, cool chase man. Let us know when you're back for more. 

It snows where it wants to snow.

Nothing like getting hit in the eye with money shot of oes to assuage the relentless agony that is this winter.

Hopefully I can hit negative 30 prior to the next rainer......it was an awesome display to see how fast the mercury could vault once the atmosphere sensed snow in the area.

I look forward to some siggy posts from you next week when we are in the midst of torching cutter rains while we simultaneously receive word that David Price tore his rotator in warm ups.

; )

I'm losing it......just melting to pieces.

You may get your wish....this coming up on man-shed 2010.

I'm losing it......just melting to pieces.

You may get your wish....this coming up on man-shed 2010.

You have the right to melt this year, it's been abysmal.

I have 14" total and one only event that (barely) produced 4", after getting somewhat left out last year. (70", so left out is relative to ENE folk). This winter has been my worst in W MA by far. My only consolation was the past 10 days of nickels and dimes, culminating in a CAD situation, during the cutter, that let a very small area of Franklin Co. retain 70-100% snow cover.

At this point I would rather leave this whole mess of a winter behind and bring on a full Morch... Not going to happen I'm sure but this is abysmal. My final hope for this winter is NNE can pull off a couple feet in the next couple weeks and we can make our trip Pittsburg worth it in March

Archived