• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey

Probably the mountains out west. Lol.

But yeah...KU Fever has definitely been contagious here the last few years. Not hard to see why given how many we have had recently. But that is abnormal and will not continue.

As a side note I'm down in NJ now. Drove down tonight and by the time we got to NY border on the way down it was pretty skimpy snow cover. Kind of depressing to drive from a foot of snow to a thin cover.

It's starting to remind me of powderfreak's area.

Haha I wonder how much snow it would take for me to move to Jersey.

Get your shots in these years. Let's fire up some La Niña patterns or something :lol:.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha I wonder how much snow it would take for me to move to Jersey.

Get your shots in these years. Let's fire up some La Niña patterns or something :lol:.

Well for the record Burlington, NJ is killing Burlington, VT in snow this year. 

Say what you will about this winter, but this is one of the most spectacular mornings in recent memory. The air is perfectly stirless and the trees are as frozen lightning bolts, clad from trunk to twig in a pristine mantle, catching the sun and disbursing it in a cascade of nimble fiery and delectable shapes.

ugh just saw the video about Dave Swartz from TWC....I knew he was sick but did not know the details. Come to find out he is on his third battle. I hope he beats it and or doesn't suffer much, he is probably one of the most likable mets out there.

Most dredful disease   ever

Really sorry to hear this, but what a fighter! Beating pancreatic cancer once is nearly impossible, but twice! Wow. Good luck, Dave, with round three!

Happy Blizzard of '78 anniversary. It was right around this time that that the first flakes started falling here. Two hours later it was an all out tempest. I still put it up there as the most awesome storm of my life so far, particularly considering societal impacts.

Would love to see a repeat of that beast. Maybe if I live to full term.

Would love to see a repeat of that beast. Maybe if I live to full term.

Yeah. Would love to see a repeat myself without the destruction at the coast. I also don't think societal impacts would be as great given the warnings. I had a relative that got stuck in his car with co-workers in RI and didn't make it home for a week.

I hate the trees this town puts along the streets. I have one that when we bought the house I was sure would be hit at some point leaving the driveway. Overnight a man sized limb broke off from the snow weight and crashed down leaving a piece hanging over the wires. We finally dislodged it and wires are free but moving the original limb from the driveway was work! I have what seems to be half a tree sitting broken along the street. With potential snow removal this week it's hard to know when it gets picked up....but I'll be a pita and call frequently...

I hate the trees this town puts along the streets. I have one that when we bought the house I was sure would be hit at some point leaving the driveway. Overnight a man sized limb broke off from the snow weight and crashed down leaving a piece hanging over the wires. We finally dislodged it and wires are free but moving the original limb from the driveway was work! I have what seems to be half a tree sitting broken along the street. With potential snow removal this week it's hard to know when it gets picked up....but I'll be a pita and call frequently...

my town is littered with down trees and branches. 2nd to Irene from what I saw and heard.

Welcome to life in the country.

Light it on fire and burn it like most in the country do ;).

If you light it on fire by the road you won't even have to call...someone else will call it in for you.

Feels like forever since we had a big one prognosticated a week in advance and then it just went according to plan.

This week may still have potential, but soon the discussion will turn to how next week has always looked better anyways. So goes the life of an anticipation junkie. Lewis Black has a funny and sadly true bit about anticipation and it applies to the weather junkies in all of us.

I'm just as guilty as the next person. I feel better now - call it a meltdown if you wish.

Snowboarded killington today. Man they are hurting up here.

Haven't heard from the poster skivt any time lately, but I've heard from several reputable sources that Killington is pretty much at the epicenter of it right now.  That its not pretty and they haven't even hit all their snowmaking trails yet.   Central Park/NYC got more snow in one event than Killington at 4,000ft has gotten in three months.

Hopefully we can get something going soon.  They've had less than half the snowfall we have up here, and this is a 1 in 50 year season up here...so they could really use a deform band or something.  Heck we all could.

I felt like calling it that instead of just "model thread" which sounds kind of boring

I thought it was to call attention to the distance relative to the advent of depicted events contained therein, events whose chances had not yet come into such clarity and proximity as to warrant their own thread. I thought that in detailing this distance, the likes of which could be injurious if not fatal for those who would opt to leap from it during the course of the customary waiting and watching that an audience -- the usual denizen of the mezzanine -- is wont to do, you had furthermore called attention to the silliness of knee-jerk reactions and dramatic responses to each ripple far off in the pond of time. I thought that it called to mind the atmosphere of the old theater, likening our kind moderators to gentle ushers, quietly going about their business to tidy the seats of noisy or confused patrons so that the collective attendance might have a richer experience for the calm. I thought it was genius. And who doesn't love a little alliteration from time to time? Two M's! One after the other. Literary brilliance.

On hearing your actual reasoning, though... I guess that makes sense, too.

Archived